Finger zoom on map broken

Started by borish, May 25, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

borish

Since the last update, I see the following behavior: If I use two fingers to zoom the map in or out, the map zooms to levels auch as 84@14, 109@14, 134@13. I checked my settings in Maps -> Zoom settings, but to no avail. I unchecked "only digital zoom" for both volume buttons and screen buttons. My standard zoom level is set to 100%.

Also, zoom settings in general are quite complicated. I suggest to remove all options for digital zoom and default zoom and use digital zoom only if the zoom is beyond the available map resolution (as in Locus). The option to use the volume buttons for zooming should be in zoom settings, not in sound. Since tapping with one finger zooms in, Oruxmaps should zoom out by tapping with two fingers.

orux

Quote from: "borish"Since the last update, I see the following behavior: If I use two fingers to zoom the map in or out, the map zooms to levels auch as 84@14, 109@14, 134@13. I checked my settings in Maps -> Zoom settings, but to no avail. I unchecked "only digital zoom" for both volume buttons and screen buttons. My standard zoom level is set to 100%.

Also, zoom settings in general are quite complicated. I suggest to remove all options for digital zoom and default zoom and use digital zoom only if the zoom is beyond the available map resolution (as in Locus). The option to use the volume buttons for zooming should be in zoom settings, not in sound. Since tapping with one finger zooms in, Oruxmaps should zoom out by tapping with two fingers.

Hi,

In the current version, 'pinch to zoom' makes a continuous zoom, like other applications do. The difference is that OruxMaps shows you the current level of digital zoom.

If you want to zoom only between layers, it is easier to use the on screen zoom buttons.

I think that Locus does the same, a continuous zoom.

orux

borish

With raster maps (eg MBTiles) however, the pinch zoom results in blurry images. This feature should better be used for vector maps only.