export ANT+ data?

Started by aag, May 11, 2014, 08:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aag

Is it possible to extract the ANT+ sensor data (specifically heart rate data) from Oruxmaps? I would like to use the data for extensive performance analyses. Also, it seems that ANT+ data are only recorded while the GPS records movement; the ANT+ recorder is off while you are stationary. I can understand the rationale for that, but what about adding a switch to control this behavior?

many thanks!

orux

Quote from: "aag"Is it possible to extract the ANT+ sensor data (specifically heart rate data) from Oruxmaps? I would like to use the data for extensive performance analyses. Also, it seems that ANT+ data are only recorded while the GPS records movement; the ANT+ recorder is off while you are stationary. I can understand the rationale for that, but what about adding a switch to control this behavior?

many thanks!

Hi;

The sensors data is attached to positioning data in gpx files. Check your GPS settings; if you want to save stationary data, set 'minimum time and distance' to zero seconds.

orux

aag

Dear Orux, you are my Hero! I am impressed with your very helpful and extremely rapid assistance.  I tried setting distance and Töne to zero.  However, even then,  it seems that oruxmaps does not record anything if it never receives a gps fix. Is that correct?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

aag

I am sorry to report that this does not work as advertised! At least not on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005, Android 4.4.2). Setting all GPS parameters to zero still does not result in GPX files containing HR data. If no GPS data are recorded, no GPX file appears to be saved. I have also tested the new beta21 version, and the issue is not resolved.

fabrylama

Quote from: "aag"I am sorry to report that this does not work as advertised! At least not on a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N9005, Android 4.4.2). Setting all GPS parameters to zero still does not result in GPX files containing HR data. If no GPS data are recorded, no GPX file appears to be saved. I have also tested the new beta21 version, and the issue is not resolved.

Actually it does work as advertised, oruxmaps records ant data whether or not you are moving, but gps must be receiving.

aag

Orux is a great app! I am using it all the time.  But probably I will have to come to terms with the fact that it is primarily a gps app, rather than an exercise logging app...

fabrylama

Quote from: "aag"Orux is a great app! I am using it all the time.  But probably I will have to come to terms with the fact that it is primarily a gps app, rather than an exercise logging app...

Yes, oruxmaps is (was born as) an outdoor app, the gps and the map are the centre of the app. Every other function was implemented over time to aid the navigation.

While orux could (probably at great expense of time) rework the app to allow indoor operations, it would be quite pointless since there are specific apps to do just that (without having to load the resurce/battery intensive map)

aag

Funnily enough though, I seem to be unable to find an app that accurately logs all Hr data into a file amenable to further processing.  The IPSensorman produces very precise but huge verbose logs.

fabrylama

Quote from: "aag"Funnily enough though, I seem to be unable to find an app that accurately logs all Hr data into a file amenable to further processing.  The IPSensorman produces very precise but huge verbose logs.

When I'm training indoor I use ipbike, you just have to check the no gps option.

As for the "accurately" all the hr belts I've seen send only one update every second, so that's how accurate it can get... however from your other tread I see your belt sends more packet... I don't know how ipbike handles that.