Datums

Started by eftomi, June 30, 2014, 09:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eftomi

Hi, I'd like to know how Oruxmaps is dealing with datums internally. Specifically, I have great amount of maps in OziExplorer which were originally created (in paper) with datum which is not very common (Hermannskogel, Bessel elipsoid, Transverse Mercator projection). OziExplorer allows for custom datum definition. I looked for the answer on the forums, in the Orux manual, and am apologizing if I missed the answer there.

orux

Quote from: "eftomi"Hi, I'd like to know how Oruxmaps is dealing with datums internally. Specifically, I have great amount of maps in OziExplorer which were originally created (in paper) with datum which is not very common (Hermannskogel, Bessel elipsoid, Transverse Mercator projection). OziExplorer allows for custom datum definition. I looked for the answer on the forums, in the Orux manual, and am apologizing if I missed the answer there.

Hi,

You can use OruxmapsDesktop to convert the ozi maps to OruxMaps format.

If you download that desktop application, you will find, inside the folder, a file (datums.txt) with the parameters used to convert from datum XX to wgs84 datum:

#nombre|region|elipsoide|dx|dy|dz|Rx|Ry|Rz|e

Adindan|Burkina Faso|Clarke 1880|-118.000000|-14.000000|218.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000|0.000000

Tell me if you need more info.

orux