Loading KMZ/KML layers

Started by Pointaero, March 03, 2018, 08:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pointaero

Hi Orux. GREAT app- been using it for a few years now in aerial survey and have success making my own maps (USGS Topo's) and recording tracks etc.  

Issue- I usually load about three to 5 kmz layers for lines, points and labeled waypoints.  When I go to "Load "layer it shows all the layers with the checkbox but will only load one of the layers checked if I check four or five to load. So I have to go through the load layer process 4 or 5 times to get all the layers I need.

I'm running v. 7.0.2.  Is this fixed in 7.2.7 or am I doing something wrong?

Tom

orux

Quote from: Pointaero post_id=12971 time=1520104584 user_id=2829
Hi Orux. GREAT app- been using it for a few years now in aerial survey and have success making my own maps (USGS Topo's) and recording tracks etc.  

Issue- I usually load about three to 5 kmz layers for lines, points and labeled waypoints.  When I go to "Load "layer it shows all the layers with the checkbox but will only load one of the layers checked if I check four or five to load. So I have to go through the load layer process 4 or 5 times to get all the layers I need.

I'm running v. 7.0.2.  Is this fixed in 7.2.7 or am I doing something wrong?

Tom

Hello;

With the last version you can load more than one file each time,

orux

Pointaero

Hello again Orux:

I have tried loading multiple kmz files at the same time but it still crashes the app unless I load only one at a time, even in 7.2.7.  Any fix yet?

Also, in the newer 7.0 and higher versions, if I start a new segment in the same track, the app does a continue track instead of a segment track- in other words- it it connects the previous and new segment with a straight line.  It used to allow seperate segments without the continued line but the 7.0 versions won't do this anymore.

Also having problems with maps now.  I have numerous maps for the same areas and when I change to one map it works fine unless i try to zoom in on that map.  At that point it changes back to the previous map.  I have selected "never" in the auto load options but there's no change.  Also my maps will not refresh. Do I need to do a data clear in the apps settings on the device.

My device is a Samsung Tab S2, 32gb & 128gb card. The maps are stored on the card.

Tom

orux

Quote from: Pointaero post_id=14350 time=1538542554 user_id=2829
Hello again Orux:

I have tried loading multiple kmz files at the same time but it still crashes the app unless I load only one at a time, even in 7.2.7.  Any fix yet?

Also, in the newer 7.0 and higher versions, if I start a new segment in the same track, the app does a continue track instead of a segment track- in other words- it it connects the previous and new segment with a straight line.  It used to allow seperate segments without the continued line but the 7.0 versions won't do this anymore.

Also having problems with maps now.  I have numerous maps for the same areas and when I change to one map it works fine unless i try to zoom in on that map.  At that point it changes back to the previous map.  I have selected "never" in the auto load options but there's no change.  Also my maps will not refresh. Do I need to do a data clear in the apps settings on the device.

My device is a Samsung Tab S2, 32gb & 128gb card. The maps are stored on the card.

Tom

Hello;

do you talk about 7.3.7 version?

You can load more than one kmz with no problems; maybe a memory problem. The size of the kmz,s you want to load?

The start new segment works fine. Are you sure you click 'new segment'?

You have to disable settings--maps--zoom settings--auto load map with zoom.

orux

Pointaero

Hello again:

I have loaded 7.3.7 and all errors are fixed!  Thanks much.   :D

Tom