Voice routing within oruxmaps 7.4.19 works great

Started by olwaldi, March 26, 2019, 03:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olwaldi

Hello orux!

Voice routing works perfect. Some taps on the map, and one gets nice voice routing information along the hike - seems to be a new feature being provided by 7.4.19 - I iike your visualization of the turning arrows within the waypoint pins. As a hint for other readers: Avoid to select routing points near to crossings - then the routing algorithm by error might go 10m into the crossing to turn back again - best is to set routing points in the middle of some ways.

OK, and there seems to be a minor flaw (I guess a logical one): My test route includes a loop (i.e. it contains one point where the pathes are crossing each other and finally join for around 500m). In that situation the final turning information was not spoken - instead I got a very long explanation on current height, speed, total length of path. But maybe that's a feature summarizing the hike when one reaches the goal?

W.r.t. routing currently I only miss the possibility to edit routes - one has to redraw the complete hike (but it's only a matter of some taps). And I have no idea howto cope with routing gaps due to missing routing information - but you can't resolve such problems.

Thanks a lot for this improvement,

Michael

olwaldi

I have to correct my report on long spoken text at end of a route:

It is not related to the crossing as I wrote, but it's a bug within oruxmap and the spoken text of waypoints. If the waypoint description contains HTML tags (like .e.g. start/endpoints), the HTML tokens are spoken, too. Thus one gets very long (and partly senseless texts like spoken HLINE or BR) texts.

Please remove HTML tags before forwarding the text tot the text-to-speech system.

Thanks, Michael