WayPoints from Oruxmaps to Global Mapper and vise versa

Started by frank, October 23, 2014, 06:31:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frank

I am trying to establish a system to transfer waypoints (green buoy, red buoys, green lit buoys, red lit buoys, Warning buoys, identification buoys) both from and to Oruxmaps and Global Mapper or GPSmapEdit.

I have created custom waypoints.png for the above buoys. When I export them in gpx, kml, kmz they import into Global Mapper and GPSmapEdit without their graphics in tact. Instead they default to some other graphic. Is there a way to embed a code so I can specify a graphic appearance of my choice?

Or some of the default waypoints of Oruxmaps (airport for example) export to Global Mapper with the graphics in tact. Can I access the Oruxmaps default waypoints (airport) modify the graphics, change the code, save it to another name and then can access through create waypoint?

Thanks again!

orux

Quote from: "frank"I am trying to establish a system to transfer waypoints (green buoy, red buoys, green lit buoys, red lit buoys, Warning buoys, identification buoys) both from and to Oruxmaps and Global Mapper or GPSmapEdit.

I have created custom waypoints.png for the above buoys. When I export them in gpx, kml, kmz they import into Global Mapper and GPSmapEdit without their graphics in tact. Instead they default to some other graphic. Is there a way to embed a code so I can specify a graphic appearance of my choice?

Or some of the default waypoints of Oruxmaps (airport for example) export to Global Mapper with the graphics in tact. Can I access the Oruxmaps default waypoints (airport) modify the graphics, change the code, save it to another name and then can access through create waypoint?

Thanks again!

Hi,

The icons are not exported with the kml/kmz/gpx files, if you create the route using OruxMaps.

You can create your kml/kmz using a PC tool (google earth for example) that allows to embed the icons inside the kmz file, or use icon styles that point to an online resource.

Some examples-->http://www.vueloavela.org/index.php/navegacion/cartografia">//http://www.vueloavela.org/index.php/navegacion/cartografia

then you can share the kml/kmz with different apps that can read those icons, like OruxMaps.

Play with the last beta, because it adds better support to kml/kmz files.

orux

frank

In creating garmin.img maps I found that identifying a point as 0x2C04 (Hex code) I get an asterisk with a yellow center. That works great, but I'd also like it in a white, a green, and a red center. Are those available? If so, can you tell me the hex code for each?

Thanks

orux

Quote from: "frank"In creating garmin.img maps I found that identifying a point as 0x2C04 (Hex code) I get an asterisk with a yellow center. That works great, but I'd also like it in a white, a green, and a red center. Are those available? If so, can you tell me the hex code for each?

Thanks

Hi,

I have found that not all icons are used in current garmin library.

I will add more similar than the one you ask in next version.

Here another->0x5200

orux

frank

By luck, I found the 0x5200. Can I talk you into adding a green one, and a white one to the beta release? Please let me know if you do.

Also, do you have database of which icons are available in Orux?

...and by the way, great software! I will continue to contribute.

Thanks!!!