OM <-> brouter

Started by jonny-blue, January 31, 2015, 04:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonny-blue

Hi Orux,

I use brouter since a short time ... but it's really helpful to create exact routes.

The only way (I found) to create such a "brouter"-route is by "search route".

That works great ... but the only thing I miss during planing a new route is the display of the (approximatly) distance while entering the waypoints.

When I use "create route" with every new waypoint I can see the increasing distance ... and when I reach my wished distance I can look for a route back ...

Is such a display of the route distance possible within the "search route" - dialog ... or is there another way to recalculate (existing) routes/waypoints by brouter?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87453008/Screenshot_2015-01-31-16-30-46-picsay.png">

PS: And (if existing at this moment) the elevation up/down would be interesting too ...  :roll:

eartrumpet

Quote from: "jonny-blue"
When I use "create route" with every new waypoint I can see the increasing distance

+1

There are some other improvements for route calculations which would be nice:

- remember last settings of search route (at the moment it's always fastest/avoids/mapquest, but when I used last time foot/shortest/Brouter, it would be nice if those settings would be remembered for next search)

- don't add points of search route to way point database automatically (maybe add an option when clicking on route start waypoint)

- add an option "add route to database" when selecting start waypoint of created route (skip the step of export to a file)

Best regards,

Tobias

jonny-blue

Hi Orux,

any idea about this ...  :roll:  :)