Why can't I load BCN downloaded maps

Started by toddreg, June 27, 2015, 10:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toddreg

I am trying to get over the learning curve with Orux and backcountry navigator.  I have downloaded, multiple times, different BCN topo maps.  The one thing I did do that might be causing problems is that I saved them to the Oruxmapsmapfiles folder.  BCN creates a bcnav folder and several subfolders.  The name I gave the downloaded map appears in the archives subfolder while the layers appear to be in the tiles subfolder.

In Orux, when I choose- switch maps, offline maps I see the bcnav folder and its subfolders.  However under none of the subfolders, even in tiles, can I see or select anything in particular.  All I can do is open a folder.  When I open for example the folder with my named map Orux does not change, it still displays the world map.

What am I missing???

Thanks

orux

Quote from: "toddreg"I am trying to get over the learning curve with Orux and backcountry navigator.  I have downloaded, multiple times, different BCN topo maps.  The one thing I did do that might be causing problems is that I saved them to the Oruxmapsmapfiles folder.  BCN creates a bcnav folder and several subfolders.  The name I gave the downloaded map appears in the archives subfolder while the layers appear to be in the tiles subfolder.

In Orux, when I choose- switch maps, offline maps I see the bcnav folder and its subfolders.  However under none of the subfolders, even in tiles, can I see or select anything in particular.  All I can do is open a folder.  When I open for example the folder with my named map Orux does not change, it still displays the world map.

What am I missing???

Thanks

Hello;

how did you dowloaded the maps?

if it is an oruxmaps map, there must be a file with extension .otrk2.xml in the map folder.

orux

toddreg

I downloaded a map via Backicountry Navigator Pro

skibum218

BCN will read BCN maps and OM will read OM maps. To be able to view an offline map in OM, you will need to use Oruxmaps to download them. You can also use Mobac on a computer to download offline maps, you just need to make sure you select the correct file output.