Option to disable rotation

Started by wsnyder, August 12, 2015, 03:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsnyder

I have my map set to always north up (Map->Map Mode->Map North up), however when trying to zoom I occasionally end up rotating the map by accident, which causes great confusion until I realize the problem.   Please add an option to disable the rotation gesture.  Thanks!

Quercus.JB

Quote from: "wsnyder"I have my map set to always north up (Map->Map Mode->Map North up), however when trying to zoom I occasionally end up rotating the map by accident, which causes great confusion until I realize the problem.   Please add an option to disable the rotation gesture.  Thanks!

Esta funciĆ³n ya existe, busca en aplicaciĆ³n http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/12/fb8c9ff1b7bcf33b2ca5fdf0a01bf502.jpg">

wsnyder

Sorry, maybe I am confused but when I disable "Application -> Auto Rotation" which I think is what you are suggesting, the screen will still rotate when I move my fingers to request a rotation, which is what I am trying to disable.   (Also the description of the option says it only applies to the sensor, not to manual rotation. If it is also supposed to apply to manual rotation it might be worth rewording this.)

Quercus.JB

actually, what I have suggested is useless. I'm sorry.

eartrumpet

Quote from: "wsnyder"Please add an option to disable the rotation gesture.

Global settings -> Maps -> Zoom Settings -> Rotate gesture [v] is the setting you are looking for :-)

wsnyder

Bingo, thanks much!