Polar H7 loosing connection + calories accuracy

Started by kstano83, July 18, 2015, 01:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kstano83

When I connect my Polar H7 to orux, I sometimes get a "connection lost, retry in 30 seconds" message many times in a raw. The connection is stable on my phones (nexus 4 and Oneplus one). The messages only occurs in Orux.

Also, can anyone confirm how accurate calories calculation on Polar H7 is? I also have a polar FT4 and I get different sums on each devices. Setting values are alike on  both devices. The calories dashboard in orux has a % sign next to calories value. Does that mean the app calculates the calories differently from any regular polar HR device?

orux

Quote from: "kstano83"When I connect my Polar H7 to orux, I sometimes get a "connection lost, retry in 30 seconds" message many times in a raw. The connection is stable on my phones (nexus 4 and Oneplus one). The messages only occurs in Orux.

Also, can anyone confirm how accurate calories calculation on Polar H7 is? I also have a polar FT4 and I get different sums on each devices. Setting values are alike on  both devices. The calories dashboard in orux has a % sign next to calories value. Does that mean the app calculates the calories differently from any regular polar HR device?

Hello;

I don't know what is your ptoblem. May be the app is killed by android. Let OruxMaps in foreground when you turn off the display.

I usually use that sensor, and I don't have this problem.

There are many formulas that calculate the calories based on the weight, age and heart rate. But none is more accurate than others, all are relatively inaccurate because there are many more factors that are not taken into account. You must always take that as an approximate value.

The units are kcal.

orux