text is shown too tiny

Started by wayang, September 19, 2015, 03:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wayang

Hallo

I use a smart-phone with a resolution of 1080 lines (Samsung Galaxy S5) .

When i install maps whith Oruxmaps (not with MOBAC) street-names for example are shown so tiny, that i have to use the digitale-zoom to read them.

Can you please tell me, where and how i can adjust  the representation ( i.d. increase the number of pixels per symbol)?

Thanks in advance

ianL

Quote from: "wayang"
When i install maps whith Oruxmaps (not with MOBAC) street-names for example are shown so tiny, that i have to use the digitale-zoom to read them.

Can you please tell me, where and how i can adjust  the representation ( i.d. increase the number of pixels per symbol)?

You have not indicated what type of maps you have installed

If you are using Mapsforge styles then you can increase text size via Maps>Map settings> Mapsforge settings>Mapsforge text size  This helps to some extent eg with street names in OpenAndroMaps with Elevate themes

There is a similar setting for Garmin maps but I have not tried this

wayang

Sorry, i forgot to tell you the online-map i used.

I used "VEC:Mapnik->mapsforge"

ianL

Have not tried Mapnik myself but your reply indicates it is Mapsforge style

I assume that you tried my suggestion and it did not work??

Sorry cannot help any further

wayang

Yes,i tried your suggestion and it did not work.

The same problem occurs when i use google-maps as an online-mapsource.

eartrumpet

Quote from: "wayang"Sorry, i forgot to tell you the online-map i used.

I used "VEC:Mapnik->mapsforge"

This is the normal raster map from OpenStreetMap, just viewed with mapsforge engine. This means the mapsforge settings don't work as they don't work for all raster maps like google maps.

The only way to have larger text with raster maps is to use digital zoom.

Maybe large tile raster maps for online sources are also supported, I haven't checked. Those usually have larger texts as they are optimized for HD displays.

wayang

hi eartrumpet

thanks for your help