it does not work

Started by a.castiglione@email.it, July 30, 2020, 06:03:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

a.castiglione@email.it

I have paid for Oruxmap but it does not work: I had to register again because the sistem does not recognize me and MORE IMPORTANT, the app records only 1 or 2 km of my track, jumping from a point to another.
I cancel the app and download again, but nothing improved.
Finally, for the person who pay for the app you should forecast a help center easy to reach.
Thanks for solving some of those problems
Andrea

matt

Hi Andrea,
a lot of happy users support others here in the forum, when they have problems....
Can you be more  specific, especially what phone?

Look into "settings"->Sensors->GPS->FUSED LOCATIONS PROVIDER.
Activating that, may help.

I don't understand, what you meam with "I had to register again"

Matt

gerdsuper

Hi Andrea,

you could read some of this threads:

https://oruxmaps.org/forum/index.php?topic=3769.0;topicseen
and
https://oruxmaps.org/forum/index.php?topic=4527.0;topicseen

Its not an orux-problem but related to the android power-saving functions.
Depending on the phone brands you can have easy or more complicated problems, or no problems at all.
Its really a pain in the ass. I had a Huawei phone the last years and i really dont know how many ours of his life orux spend to fix these problems. After years of struggle, in the end it worked again, even with my huawei. After that i tried different brand with high expectations but some of them had the same problems.
However, now i have a realme 6 pro phone and i never had a problem, even without toggling all of the tweaks and tricks wich where done in the past to make it run.
It just works flawless right out of the box. Absolut fantastic. I would really recommend this phone if you want to use apps like orux which have to work in the background for many hours...
Orux Maps is a fantastic app wich is absolut reliable and also very power saving.
I can hike a whole day with a lot of screen-on time to find my way. I am making a lot of  pictures and videos the whole day and log my track the whole day, without loosing only 1meter of the track. And at the end of the day there ist still 30% battery left!
And i really like this new feature with the small pics for tracks in the database!
Thank you Orux....

orux

Thank you;

It is true, you do not know the hundreds of hours that energy saving problems are taking me.

Manufacturers are so obsessed with that problem that they don't even allow users to correctly decide which apps can work without restrictions.

Those settings are hidden, or they don't work well, or ...

Instead of a single, clear, and equal adjustment for all apps, each manufacturer does it in a different way.

The problem is that in the end, the fault lies with the developers of each app. People do not realize that under each app there is an operating system, which sometimes also fails. And underneath there is a hardware, which also sometimes fails.

It is crazy.

orux