Time and coordinates of points along tracks and routes

Started by rdiaz02, August 16, 2020, 05:44:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rdiaz02

Dear All,

Is it possible to find out (directly in the app, not by looking at the gpx file) the time and coordinates and altitude of arbitrary points along  tracks and routes? This is shown if I "click" on (put my finger on top of) waypoints (or on the per-default starting and finishing points). But if I click at any other place along the track I am only shown "Segment: 1 [or whatever]".

Thanks,

Ramon

orux

Quote from: rdiaz02 on August 16, 2020, 05:44:07 PM
Dear All,

Is it possible to find out (directly in the app, not by looking at the gpx file) the time and coordinates and altitude of arbitrary points along  tracks and routes? This is shown if I "click" on (put my finger on top of) waypoints (or on the per-default starting and finishing points). But if I click at any other place along the track I am only shown "Segment: 1 [or whatever]".

Thanks,

Ramon
You can change the coordinates and the altitude of each Track point, if you go to the Track properties-->edit button.
You can change the coordinates and the altitude, but not the timestamp.

orux

rdiaz02

Quote from: orux on August 18, 2020, 08:04:11 AM
You can change the coordinates and the altitude of each Track point, if you go to the Track properties-->edit button.

orux

Thanks a lot. I didn't know about that. That is very useful.

However, I would like to see (not edit, just see) is the time of arbitrary points, so that I can know when I reached a particular place, or how long it took me to get from one place to another. If I want to do that, the only way to do it is by creating waypoints during the hike? I cannot do it after the hike is over by looking at arbitrary points?

Thanks,

orux

Quote from: rdiaz02 on August 18, 2020, 11:55:21 AM

orux

However, I would like to see (not edit, just see) is the time of arbitrary points, so that I can know when I reached a particular place, or how long it took me to get from one place to another. If I want to do that, the only way to do it is by creating waypoints during the hike? I cannot do it after the hike is over by looking at arbitrary points?

Thanks,
Hello!

If you display the Track altitude graphic, using /time in X axis, you can find the time of the points.

But it is not a good solution.
I will think about it...

orux

rdiaz02

Quote from: orux on August 18, 2020, 12:26:37 PM
Quote from: rdiaz02 on August 18, 2020, 11:55:21 AM

orux

Thanks,
Hello!

If you display the Track altitude graphic, using /time in X axis, you can find the time of the points.

But it is not a good solution.
I will think about it...

orux

Thanks a lot. I'll use that solution while a better one becomes available.

Ramon