Probleme to find destination-path to maps

Started by Joska, May 07, 2017, 01:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joska

Hello

I am using OM on different phones and tablets since 4 years. On the galaxy tab s2, I observe a behavior, I cannot explain .

If I try to change the destination path of maps, I see, that the origin path leads to:

rootstorageemulated......

If now, trying to change to another path by tapping on root, it is not possible, to reactivate the original path again. After tapping on root, storage, emulated, the path is empty.

From now on, the only working path is rootmntsdcard........

Is it a feature, a bug or users missunderstanding :D

Regards, Joska

orux

Quote from: "Joska"Hello

I am using OM on different phones and tablets since 4 years. On the galaxy tab s2, I observe a behavior, I cannot explain .

If I try to change the destination path of maps, I see, that the origin path leads to:

rootstorageemulated......

If now, trying to change to another path by tapping on root, it is not possible, to reactivate the original path again. After tapping on root, storage, emulated, the path is empty.

From now on, the only working path is rootmntsdcard........

Is it a feature, a bug or users missunderstanding :D

Regards, Joska

Hello,

There are different symbolic links in android file system.

The path that should always be present, should be /root/sdcard/ path, that points to the internal storage.

orux

Joska

Quote from: "orux"
There are different symbolic links in android file system.

The path that should always be present, should be /root/sdcard/ path, that points to the internal storage.

orux

Hello Orux

I understand, what you say, but it doesn't solve my problem. One more hint; If I try to change the path to DEM-files, stored on the extSD-Card, cklicking on the path-entry in the head of the screen, tapping until root is reached, the path is cleared to \ and from know on, no more path can be created. Oruxmaps shows a short dialog Can't access.

I have to uninstall Oruxmaps and install again from Playstore, configuration must be started again.

Do you, ore somebody else, have any idea to fix this?

Reagrds, Joska