Solved - POI offline search does not show poi results

Started by tstreibl, September 12, 2020, 07:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tstreibl

Hi Orux,

in Version V.8.0.7 GP the POI search doesn's show any of the search results in the map. In previous versions (tested e.g. with V.8.0.5 beta5 which is installed in parallel) this feature worked well.

Example: search e.g for "40: Camping+Picnic" / "Camping sites". I see: "found xx results".  When I touch the "show in map" icon in the upper right corner, none of the results is displayed in the map as poi.

As I wrote earlier in another bug report, loading waypoints from a .kml file (poi loades as route) wont show poi symbols on the map as well. Same when trying to display the pois as kml overlay.

Anyway, thanks for your great work. Best regards, Tilo 

tstreibl

...still doesn't work in 8.1.4 (at least on my device)

afgb1977

Only for curiosity. Where did you download versions 8.1.3 and 8.1.4 from?
I have checked PlayStore and this is version 8.1.2. I understand that updates are made by region and that some regions arrive faster than others.
But, you already have version 8.1.4. Have you downloaded or updated it from the Google Play Store?

If it has not been like that, you must be careful with the versions that are on the Internet, most of them are not to be trusted, and even if it seems that you have v8.1.4, it may be like that, and only have an older version which only had the version number changed to make it look like it's the latest.
If you downloaded it from PlayStore, what country do you live in? It has a higher update rate than the rest of the countries.

Agus

La versión 8.1.4 está disponible en Play Store España

afgb1977

Hola.
Gracias por responder.
Como dije anteriormente, las actualizaciones se hacen por regiones y en la mía todavía estamos en 8.1.2.
Pero si quedo sorprendido por la tasa de actualizaciones de PlayStore España.
Solo queda esperar que Google PlayStore lance lo más pronto posible la nueva versión.
Se ha solucionado el problema de la búsqueda de rutas Offline con Graphhopper?

Agus

Quote from: afgb1977 on November 26, 2020, 04:52:27 PM
Hola.
Gracias por responder.
Como dije anteriormente, las actualizaciones se hacen por regiones y en la mía todavía estamos en 8.1.2.
Pero si quedo sorprendido por la tasa de actualizaciones de PlayStore España.
Solo queda esperar que Google PlayStore lance lo más pronto posible la nueva versión.
Se ha solucionado el problema de la búsqueda de rutas Offline con Graphhopper?

Hola, a mi me ha saltado de 8.1.2 a 8.1.4 directamente. No sé si las actualizaciones es por regiones o por características del terminal.

tstreibl

Quote from: afgb1977 on November 26, 2020, 12:26:59 AM
Only for curiosity. Where did you download versions 8.1.3 and 8.1.4 from?
I have checked PlayStore and this is version 8.1.2. I understand that updates are made by region and that some regions arrive faster than others.
But, you already have version 8.1.4. Have you downloaded or updated it from the Google Play Store?

If it has not been like that, you must be careful with the versions that are on the Internet, most of them are not to be trusted, and even if it seems that you have v8.1.4, it may be like that, and only have an older version which only had the version number changed to make it look like it's the latest.
If you downloaded it from PlayStore, what country do you live in? It has a higher update rate than the rest of the countries.

Version 8.1.4 GP ist the official Version from the Play Store. Reveiced the Update yesterday. I'm from Germany.

Just for curiosity - could you reproduce the issue? 

tstreibl

...still doesn't work in recently released, official Play Store Version 8.1.5. GP, at least when using Openandromaps offline maps (POI's are found but not displayed; tested with Alp Maps and Map from Italy). POI search would be such a great feature, if it would work again! Just using e.g. all the stored camping places provided by the openandromap itself. No tedious download from archies to come to the same result...

matt

Hi,
for me it works fine, in all OruxMaps versions of the last months. Now at "8.1.5 GP".
I am also using OpenAndroMaps an it's POI-files.
I am not  aware of  a setting within OruxMaps,  that would prevent the POIs to be shown in the map, after your search found them.
But  maybe you can try to "reset" all your settings, e.g. by creating & use a new profile, deriving it from factory or  Default profile.
Matt

tstreibl

Thanks a lot Matt - you solved it. Actually changing my profile did the job. Will try to figure out why one profile works and the other not. At least I can reproduce it.

tstreibl

figured it out (the problem was me not the app). There's a button to show/hide placemarks on overlays (in fact a great feature which has nothing to do with profiles). If your setting is on "hide" it's clear you can't see the poi's from the search result - but they're all there and show up when you tap "unhiding". Sorry for the fuss.