Xperia Z3 MM Screen off -- GPS off

Started by ojessie, September 22, 2016, 11:14:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ojessie

Hi,

Couldn't find a thread concerning this issue ... if this has been already answered, sorry for asking again, but would appreciate to point me to the answer.

Well it is a common problem that when the screen gets off gps gets off as well. I tried all the "promising" apps on play store like gps lock, gps too, etc. I switched off starmenia mode, switched off power saving none of these fixed the problem.

Although a couple of apps have implemented a fix like CamSam a radar warning app and runtastic the sports app.

Any hint, advice or solution is highly appreciated.

Best

orux

Quote from: "ojessie"Hi,

Couldn't find a thread concerning this issue ... if this has been already answered, sorry for asking again, but would appreciate to point me to the answer.

Well it is a common problem that when the screen gets off gps gets off as well. I tried all the "promising" apps on play store like gps lock, gps too, etc. I switched off starmenia mode, switched off power saving none of these fixed the problem.

Although a couple of apps have implemented a fix like CamSam a radar warning app and runtastic the sports app.

Any hint, advice or solution is highly appreciated.

Best

Hello,

it has no sense to keep the GPS enabled if you are not recording a track, to save battery.

you can keep the GPS enabled if you record a track, or if you are following a route/wpt. navigation and the GPS is ON.

orux