Text size on online map

Started by kendzi, July 15, 2021, 12:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kendzi

Hello, I'm using Orux Maps with online map from OpenStreetMap. Unfortunately all text on that map are extremely small. When I zoom in new map (tiles) is loaded with same small text. So it is impossible to read any text, like name of cities. How I can enlarge map (tiles) to see anything?

afgb1977

Hello.
What you want does not depend on OruxMaps, at least I think so, I have done a lot of tests related to the ones you ask. I found:
1. OSM online links are only offered in 256 tile sizes.
2. I have not found a way to set them to 512, OSM does not offer that possibility.
3. OSM Mapnik, Mapnik-De, Mapnik-Fr, OSM Hot, wmflabs and others that can be taken as original only render at 256.
4. If you want a larger tile size you can use one of the OSM partners, which can be called third parties, generally you just have to configure the URL of the provider (@ 2x, r, retina ...) and configure MERCATORESFERICAx512.
5. Providers that use OSM data to render their maps and are very similar:
MapTiler, MapBox, ThunderForest (the best) and a few others.

However, the most effective solution is to do Digital Zoom to increase the size of the letters.

Felipe.

kendzi

How can I set Digital zoom for online map?

Can I somehow configure OruxMaps to show less tiles at once? That should cause they get larger.

kendzi

Global Configuration -> Maps -> Zoom Settings -> Default zoom -> Set it to 400%
Finally something is seen. Finger zoom with that settings works little bit strange, but at lease I can see something. Thanks!