GPS vs. Galileo

Started by olwaldi, February 06, 2021, 10:49:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

olwaldi

Hello!

I'm using the Huawei Mate 9 smartphone to run the most recent oruxmaps GP. The Huawei initially supported Galileo location provider, but as far as I know sadly this has been disabled with some firmware update. To my surprise from within oruxmaps/tripcomputer/satellites your app still displays "unconnected" Galileo satellites. But it never uses them.Otherwise the app GPS test never shows Galileo satellites.

Thus my question: Is it possible to enhance oruxmaps to really use Galileo for navigation despite being disabled from Android/Huawei? Maybe you could even provide a possibility to select the satillite network to be used?

Regards, Michael

olwaldi

Nobody? I really wonder why the positions of galileo satellites are visualized by orux, but not used?!?

Of course I know that position calculation is done by Android, but the individual location of galuleo satellites are nevertheless know?

Regards, Michael

orux

Quote from: olwaldi on February 06, 2021, 10:49:10 AM
Hello!

I'm using the Huawei Mate 9 smartphone to run the most recent oruxmaps GP. The Huawei initially supported Galileo location provider, but as far as I know sadly this has been disabled with some firmware update. To my surprise from within oruxmaps/tripcomputer/satellites your app still displays "unconnected" Galileo satellites. But it never uses them.Otherwise the app GPS test never shows Galileo satellites.

Thus my question: Is it possible to enhance oruxmaps to really use Galileo for navigation despite being disabled from Android/Huawei? Maybe you could even provide a possibility to select the satillite network to be used?

Regards, Michael
Sorry, but the app can not enable the sattelites to be used in GPS calculations. The location calculations are done by the gps chip, it is not possible to do only with the information provided to the apps about the satellites position.

orux