No way to hide the program's own status bar near top left of screen?

Started by Growltiger, August 20, 2021, 12:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Growltiger

I can't find the setting to hide the program's little status bar that appears on the left above the left buttons and below the top buttons.
There are mentions of status bar but they always seem to be about the Android status bar. It would be helpful to change all references to that status bar to add the word Android everywhere.
I did find one mention of this problem from 2011 but there was complete confusion about which status bar he was asking about, and it never got resolved.
Just to make it absolutely clear I'm talking about the status bar described on pages 13-16 of the English manual for version 8.

Either the option to hide it is there and I can't see it, or it is missing because of the confusion about different status bars, or it exists but has been missed from the UI options section?

orux

Hello!

Sorry, but the app status bar can not be removed, only the Android status bar.

orux

Tronpo

Quote from: Growltiger on August 20, 2021, 12:40:18 PM
I can't find the setting to hide the program's little status bar that appears on the left above the left buttons and below the top buttons.
There are mentions of status bar but they always seem to be about the Android status bar. It would be helpful to change all references to that status bar to add the word Android everywhere.
I did find one mention of this problem from 2011 but there was complete confusion about which status bar he was asking about, and it never got resolved.
Just to make it absolutely clear I'm talking about the status bar described on pages 13-16 of the English manual for version 8.

Either the option to hide it is there and I can't see it, or it is missing because of the confusion about different status bars, or it exists but has been missed from the UI options section?

Por simple curiosidad,para que quieres que no se vea?para mí opinión no estorba y da información útil.(con respecto.)

Growltiger

Quote from: Tronpo on August 24, 2021, 12:18:32 PM
Por simple curiosidad,para que quieres que no se vea?para mí opinión no estorba y da información útil.(con respecto.)

I have it set so all the buttons hide, the top row and the side columns. That way I see as much of the map as possible.
The only thing left blocking the map is the little status bar. I don't need it, and others do need it. So it would be nice to have an option so I can remove it.

An idea to avoid adding a new option would be to make it follow the same behaviour as the option for the top bar. That vanishes after 10 secs and can be brought back by touching near the top. The status bar could disappear and reappear in the same way.

Tronpo

Quote from: Growltiger on August 24, 2021, 06:53:01 PM
Quote from: Tronpo on August 24, 2021, 12:18:32 PM

Gracias por la aclaración,👍
I have it set so all the buttons hide, the top row and the side columns. That way I see as much of the map as possible.
The only thing left blocking the map is the little status bar. I don't need it, and others do need it. So it would be nice to have an option so I can remove it.

An idea to avoid adding a new option would be to make it follow the same behaviour as the option for the top bar. That vanishes after 10 secs and can be brought back by touching near the top. The status bar could disappear and reappear in the same way.