V8.5.1 GP: some problems after upgrade to Android 11

Started by elem089, August 25, 2021, 02:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elem089

Hi, over the past weekend my OnePlus 6 got an update to Android 11 (from V 10). The device is rooted but otherwise running OP's standard Software.

Before the OS update I never had trouble accessing Android's navigation bar as it was well visible below Orux's dashboard. But now there is only a semi-transparent area where the 3 nav bar icons are hardly visible (screenshots are attached)

I spent half of today's morning to find an option to at least alter the nav buttons' color (current and default color is a light grey) but can't find any. I tried different launchers hoping that would have an influence, but it doesn't.

I also played around with Orux's fullscreen options but they don't have any impact at all.

Another issue I'm having since the upgrade is with Android's status bar: I set up Orux to sport a semi-transparent status bar, and that still works fine after the upgrade. But if I choose the option to hide Orux's upper menu bar Android's status bar becomes fully transparent, and thus more or less invisible.

Is this something specific to my OnePlus 6 / running OOS 11, or do others see something like that as well after upgrading to Android 11?

Greetings, Lothar

UPDATE: just realized that - in regards to hiding Orux's upper menu bar - I remember that this used to re-appear upon tapping somewhere around the top end of the screen. And I really liked that feature. But since the upgrade it doesn't. Or am I just dreaming this? Can't really roll back to check, I'm afraid...

orux

Hello!
You can set a translucent status bar in settings--user interface-->misc.-->semitransparent status bar, instead a full transparent one.

The top button bar, settings--user interface-->buttons-->hide upper buttons, but with transparent action bar goes a transparent android status bar. I will try to separe both.

About the navigation bar. The semitransparent color is set by the system, it is true that it is not very visible, I will add an option to make it completely opaque.

orux

elem089

thanks for your answer, appreciate it! Meanwhile, the more often I use it, the better I find the right spot to tap on...  ;)