Oruxmaps does not draw the trace correctly

Started by dalla2022, March 16, 2022, 02:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dalla2022

Good afternoom,
I am writing this post because I have a problem with Oruxmaps last version from 2 weeks.

Until two weeks ago Oruxmaps had worked fine in my Samsung Galaxy A50 with the latest Android version.
Now the program marks the position correctly but it does not draw the track correctly when the display is off.

If I hold the smartphone in my hand with the display on Oruxmaps works fine, but as soon as the display
turns off Oruxmaps does not continue to draw the path even if I am walking.

If I turn the display back on, Oruxmaps draws a straight line from the point where it had come to draw the trace to the point where I am at that moment.

I am grateful to everyone for the help.
Thank you so much!
Good day
Andrew

dalla2022

Thank you very much for you quick reply!

I looked into my smartphone and I saw that my settings are similar to your articles settings.
I saw a strage thing abount my Oruxmaps settings.
See my attachment.
The setting "allow background activities" is off and I don't succeed in activating this setting. It seems blocked.

Thank you very much.
A nice evening.
Andrea

dalla2022

I answer now because after changing the settings I wanted to test the correct functioning of OruxMaps.
Oruxmaps is working well now!!!

To do this I went to Settings -> apps -> Oruxmpas -> permissions -> geolocation -> Always allow

A couple of unanswered questions remain:

1) I tried to apply the same settings to other trekking apps in my smartphone. I tried with the Gaia app.
The "always allow" option is not available. See my 2 screenshots.

2) my wife's phone is a Samsung Galaxy A32 with the same OS version. Same update date.
All the hiking apps work fine on her phone.

Thank you so much everyone.
Good afternoon
Andrew