Cannot move map with one finger, cannot get top row of icons to display. Help!

Started by Growltiger, May 02, 2022, 05:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Growltiger

Something strange has happened on my Samsung S8+, with Oruxmaps v8.5.5 GP.
(I also have a Samsung S10e, same Oruxmaps settings, same v8.5.5 GP, and it still works perfectly.)
1. To drag the map I have to use 2 fingers. Dragging using one finger does nothing.
2. The left and right icons appear OK when I touch those areas. But the top row of icons will no longer appear.
Please suggest what could cause this?

Growltiger

There is an icon of a padlock in the status bar. I don't see this in the pdf manual for v8?
Is this a clue? What does it mean? How can I turn it off?

Juanjo

Quote from: Growltiger on May 02, 2022, 06:08:21 PM
There is an icon of a padlock in the status bar. I don't see this in the pdf manual for v8?
Is this a clue? What does it mean? How can I turn it off?

Your display is locked. On the new navigation drawer (unified interface) go to Maps and deactivate 'Lock display' option.

Growltiger

Thank you but I can't find it anywhere.
I go to the settings for Maps. I see nothing called Lock Display.
I also looked under Application, but can't see it there either.
Please can you describe exactly, perhaps tell me another option that is next to it.

Juanjo

I meant in the left navigation drawer (menu) of the unified interface, there, under maps, you will see the option.

There is also a button that you can put on the right/left button bar, it has a padlock icon similar to the one you see on the status bar.

Growltiger

I can't find it.
I open the big menu that pulls out from the left.
If I click on Maps, it shows five rows below the word Maps:
Center map
Map mode
Map calibrator
Map datum
Night mode
There is no other option.

I also went into Settings/User interface/Buttons/Buttons bar, and there is no padlock icon anywhere, so I can't add it..

Do you have a different version? I am on version 8.5.5 GP which I believe is the current version.

If my version doesn't have the feature, how did it get turned on? Is there some other way to turn it off? What am I missing?

Lenz

As Juanjo wrote, you have to switch to the 'unified interface' first:
settings - unified interface
Then open the left navigation drawer again and in the maps menue you should find the
'lock display' option.

Growltiger

Thank you both so much.
When I turned on the Unified Interface option in the Settings, initially the left menu didn't change.
But I added the padlock button, and it worked, the map moves again.
Later the left menu did change to the full version, and the option is there to lock the display.

I don't understand how the Lock display option could have turned itself on.

I'm guessing the new Unified Interface is what I should keep as the new standard?
Thanks again.