Waypoints

Started by Andy Todd, May 03, 2022, 12:48:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy Todd

For a while I have been having problems with OruxMaps and Waypoints. I think I now know what the bug is.

The app must be working out which waypoints are ahead of you. If there is only one ahead it gets it right.

If there is more than one, then it gets the position of the waypoints correct, and the red box in the top right is correct. However only one of the waypoints is associated with a name (generally the last one), and that is generally not its name, but the name for one of the other waypoints in that line (generally the first). The other waypoints are displayed/TTS with no name.

Tronpo

Quote from: Andy Todd on May 03, 2022, 12:48:50 PM
For a while I have been having problems with OruxMaps and Waypoints. I think I now know what the bug is.

The app must be working out which waypoints are ahead of you. If there is only one ahead it gets it right.

If there is more than one, then it gets the position of the waypoints correct, and the red box in the top right is correct. However only one of the waypoints is associated with a name (generally the last one), and that is generally not its name, but the name for one of the other waypoints in that line (generally the first). The other waypoints are displayed/TTS with no name.

Que tipo de navegación usas?
Navegación por Waypoints,
Siguiendo ruta?
Los Waypoints forman parte de un track?
El cuadro rojo marca el siguiente Waypoints
En el cuadro de Mandos puedes incorporar distintos avisos Waypoints próximo Waypoints final..
Danos más pistas

Andy Todd

I use 'follow route', with waypoints with a name. Simplified the GPX file looks like (can link to the full version if it helps)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<gpx version="1.1">
<name>Track</name>
<wpt lat="53.39478093421123" lon="-1.6496849290180207">
  <name>Cross stile in wall corner. Ahead, wall on Left.</name>
</wpt>
<wpt lat="53.36170959832032" lon="-1.9239491646766662">
  <name> As the track levels Bear Left passing Pennine Bridleway sign.  Do NOT cross cattle grid. </name>
</wpt>
<trk>
  <name>Track</name>
  <trkseg>
  <trkpt lat="53.388361" lon="-1.653786">
    <ele>364.4</ele>
  </trkpt>
  <trkpt lat="53.390912" lon="-1.653611">
    <ele>381.2</ele>
  </trkpt>
  <trkpt lat="53.39093" lon="-1.65362">
    <ele>381.2</ele>
  </trkpt>
  <trkpt lat="53.391575" lon="-1.651933">
    <ele>381.6</ele>
  </trkpt>
  </trkseg>
</trk>
</gpx>

My use case is that I use Ouxmaps to give me instructions as to where I need to go as I go along a walking route.

Andy Todd

Attached should be a map of one place where I remember it getting it wrong. From memory I did not get a TTS on a waypoint from where I turned off the road at the bottom to the waypoint at the top, where OruxMaps spoke "As road bends right take footpath on Left at blue sign..."