straight line instead of path when recording a track

Started by mikaetx, February 02, 2022, 12:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikaetx

When I record a track it only saves the starting point and the end point, that is, it shows a straight line between both points instead of showing the route I have taken. I suppose that something has to be configured so that this doesn't happen. Can anyone help me?
:-[

paoloianes

Your mobile probably closes the Oruxmaps app when the screen is not on and / or is not in the foreground. Often this problem is solved by:
1) setting the use of the battery of the mobile phone, so that it never turns off oruxmaps to save battery;
2) setting the authorization of oruxmaps even on the phone;
3) and adjusting the option of oruxmaps menu on the use phone vertically or horizontally.

LaurentG

And also (very important !), in OruxMaps access rights, grant GPS access as "permanently" (by default, it's granted "only" when OM active).

paoloianes

Quote from: LaurentG on February 03, 2022, 09:47:34 AM
And also (very important !), in OruxMaps access rights, grant GPS access as "permanently" (by default, it's granted "only" when OM active).

You are right!  :)

4) setting GPS access as "permanently" (by default, it's granted "only" when OM active) in OruxMaps

mikaetx

I'm sorry on answering so late. I have been busy and I forgot to answer you.
Definitively the problem was on the access rights. It was set "only" when OM active, instead of permanently. Now it works right.
Thank you very much for your help!