Let's grow ORUX app on wear os !

Started by ango, January 07, 2022, 04:14:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ango

Ciao To everybody!

I've just purchased a new smartwatch with wear OS - a Samsung galaxy watch 4.

And I find and install orux app for wear OS. It's rough but I'ts awesome!

I'm making some tests to understand its potential and following some feature that are real strong! And I think that growing it up will be a sidereal step forward!

Considering that new Samsung devices will have a strong diffusion so I think that can be a good idea start a new tread to help user to know and use new watch feature. I check the guide and it's really weak and lack of information.

Following what are for me strong points:

- It can share heart rate data to phone to save also heart rate data needs one of following options:
a) continuos heart rate on on watch settings
b) recording of activity on in watch 
- It can visualize on watch map in real time (only web maps but is possible change map type)
- It can visualize dashboard data

Following what are for me are points that will be improved or add to born a new reference for android tracking apps.

- I use Brutes to prepare create and follow a track before starting my hiking exit. Brute track sometimes are visible sometime no seems that feature is in "on working" status. For me will be a Goal see on watch display the maps load with Broute track visible when out for recording session.
- Another inportant step will be see on watch the off line maps I use Openandromaps + elevate theme.
- Also orient "rotating" map or static map plus "yellow cone" oriented to view using watch compass will complete maps visualization necesity. Theese point will improve drammatically user experience to follow the path taking the hands free.
- another improvments very usefull will be adding a flag feature in orux phone version to use watch barometric sensor to calibrate and record altitude profile. In last years also hi end phone have lost their barometric sensor and is becamed a non relaiable information.

I hope that this tread can have a positive develop.

Ilario.

Uli

I use a GW4 too and like to see the heartrate on my phone.
But I am still not sure what to start first.
How do you start a track?
First watch or first phone?
Uli

Uli

I am not sure, but my impression is, that heartrate from gw4 isnt displayed on the phone since I use version 9.0.0,  propperly.
I start orux on the watch, for a short time I see the heartrate on the phone, but then the value freezes.

Uli

I am still not sure what causes the freezing heartrate indication.
But I noticed that the heartrate even on the oruxmaps app freezes although the indication on the clock face is still ok.
Does that mean it is a watch problem?

Uli

My hope now is Jose, because no one else seems to be interessted in that topic.
First I start Oruxmaps on my phone.
Then I start Oruxmaps on my watch.
For some seconds the indicated heartrate on both watch and phone are ok.
But then the heartrate displayed on oruxmaps freezes on both devices.
But on the clockface of the watch the heartrate is still displayed correct.
Any solution?
Uli

matt

Hi Uli,
i have a "TicWatch Pro", OruxMaps v9.0.0 GP (since this morning). Phone: Samsung Galaxy A40 (Android 11).

I start Oruxmaps on my phone.
I start recording, and i see my heartrate on my bottom dashboard, altough Orux on watch is not yet started.
Then i start Orux-App on my watch, and see also there the BeatsPerMinute. Values on watch and phone are the same.
I am recording since about 15minutes, and all is ok.

Matt

Tronpo

Perdón por la interrupción , habéis probado  a usar el reloj solo como pulsómetro en Oruxmaps,para ver su comportamiento? Sin usar la app de Oruxmaps en el reloj?
Para ir eliminando posibles causas de errores.

ZABOLICOCE

Hi All,
I have on the Phone loaded a route in oruxmaps, I can start recording a track with the watch and it shows the same data on the galaxy watch 4 like on the Phone, except the route which I want to follow. How can I show the Route which I can see on the Phone also in the watch?
Rg. Gerd