Slope colors

Started by epapy, March 05, 2018, 09:29:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epapy

Buenas dias (correct ??)

some colleagues user of Oruxmaps were interested by the option  allowing

active route painted using colors based on slope.

The actual value of the slope are very well for cycling but too low for skiing

it will be interesting to can change the slope range

Classical skiing slope use 3 or 4 color for angle > 30°, >35°, >40° and > 45.

Notice that slope is in degrees instead of %.

Thanks  every day for this swiss knife

epapy

Maki

Slope colouring is being implemented in the last beta series. See http://oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4743">//http://oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4743

epapy

Thanks for the answer...but it seems only to affect the slope indication as parameter.

For the changing color of a track depending of the slope the legend still varies from -25 % to +25 % despite the unit   i choose.

I will take a look on next betas.

Thanks anymore

Maki

I know. But in skitouring track or route inclination is rarely interesting, unless you are following a forced path. On an open field, regardless of the slope angle you can always adjust your line steepness. What you are really interested in is slope inclination to evaluate ski difficulty and/or avalanche risk.

That said, since the "steep" concept is quite subjective, having different colour ramps could be interesting for cycling too.

ilopezc

After years using this slope color feature for hiking I fully agree that the max slope of 25% is far too low. Most slopes uphill get coloured red, no matter It is a moderate 20% slope or strenuous 50% climb. In the upshot, while hiking you just read the colors as follows:

- various colors green, light blues and orange: almost flat.

- mid orange and blue: mild slope.

- red or dark blue: moderate, strong and strenuous slopes.

That is, 3 colors for flat or almost flat and one single color for mid, strong and very strong slopes!!!

I would propose an additional selectable slope color scale going up to +/- 40%  or, even better, making that max slope parameter value user selectable.

Alex28082022

Hello,

are there news on colouring of the slope? I have the same "problem" as ilopezc: it the slope is not flat, it gets immediately red/dark blue. The possibility to customize, like other features, would be great.
kind regards