7.0.4 - lateral dashboard with disabled action bar

Started by TRiSS, March 08, 2017, 09:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRiSS

Hi,

First of all, thanks for all the updates and good work!

I really like tge fact you can now hide the action bar, but I found an annoyance when you cobine that with the lateral dashboard. I only use the "fields" view of the lateral dashboard (to display speed, distance, etc). However, it regularly happens that I accidentally sweep this view away and into "compass" or statistics" mode. With the action bar disabled, you don't have the button at the top to get back to the "fields" view, and swiping doesn't work as you eg scroll the graph instead. This makes it kind of impossible to get back to "fields" view without re-enabling the action bar.

Is there a way to get back more easily? Or can I disable the other views in the lateral dashboard somehow?

orux

Quote from: "TRiSS"Hi,

First of all, thanks for all the updates and good work!

I really like tge fact you can now hide the action bar, but I found an annoyance when you cobine that with the lateral dashboard. I only use the "fields" view of the lateral dashboard (to display speed, distance, etc). However, it regularly happens that I accidentally sweep this view away and into "compass" or statistics" mode. With the action bar disabled, you don't have the button at the top to get back to the "fields" view, and swiping doesn't work as you eg scroll the graph instead. This makes it kind of impossible to get back to "fields" view without re-enabling the action bar.

Is there a way to get back more easily? Or can I disable the other views in the lateral dashboard somehow?

You are right.

There is no option to change the lateral view.

But you can use the action bar and hide it in configuration--user interface--buttons--hide upper buttons, and use only the action bar when you need it,

orux

TRiSS

Quote from: "orux"

But you can use the action bar and hide it in configuration--user interface--buttons--hide upper buttons, and use only the action bar when you need it,

orux

Thanks - that's indeed a good compromise between the two!