Where did my data go?

Started by jmnorvell, May 30, 2023, 06:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmnorvell

After the last upgrade, and presumably migration back to the older file scheme, I have no tracks, waypoints, or folders in the app or the folders it says it's using. Strangely, I DO have all my uploaded offline maps in the app, although I can't find those files anywhere. Can I revert the migration or restore the database somehow? I have v.10.1.3 and Android 12.

Tronpo

Quote from: jmnorvell on May 30, 2023, 06:35:30 PM
After the last upgrade, and presumably migration back to the older file scheme, I have no tracks, waypoints, or folders in the app or the folders it says it's using. Strangely, I DO have all my uploaded offline maps in the app, although I can't find those files anywhere. Can I revert the migration or restore the database somehow? I have v.10.1.3 and Android 12.

Hello!! When doing the migration the storage of the app has been redirected to the root memory. Your files must surely remain in the private memory.You will have to use a file manager to move your files from the drive private to root memory, now you have a new Oruxmaps folder, on the android.In the global settings, app storage, you can see where you have to move the files.
🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾

jmnorvell

I found all the stored waypoints and tracks. It has lost all the associated folders, however. Remind me which file these are kept in?

Tronpo

Quote from: jmnorvell on May 31, 2023, 11:06:19 PM
I found all the stored waypoints and tracks. It has lost all the associated folders, however. Remind me which file these are kept in?

In the android tracklogs folder, you will find a file called "oruxmapstracks.db".That is your database. It will probably be in the tracklogs folder of the private memory.Move it to the tracklogs folder of the root memory.Then in the track manager where you created the virtual folders before, press the + and on the three points at the top right, you will see the option Sync up.Try this to see if it returns your d base
🅃🅁🄾🄽🄿🄾

jmnorvell

I found it all and restored it eventually. Orux was not actually using the directory it said it was, though.