Impossible to click on a waypoint close to a track

Started by cyril42e, May 28, 2024, 08:38:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyril42e

Hi,

I noticed that whenever I try to click on a waypoint that is close to a track, it is always the segment of the track that is selected, and never the waypoint, whatever the zoom level and the separation between them on the screen. It behaves as if the distance threshold to select the closest object was expressed in meters on the map instead of pixels on the screen, and as if the track had higher priority than waypoint. I feel that the opposite would be better, as it would allow to disambiguate which object we want to select by zooming in, and giving the priority to the punctual elements still allows to select linear elements by clicking somewhere else on them. As is, it is a blocking problem.

In the attached example, when I click around the waypoint in the middle of the screen, it always selects the track segment.

Is it a known issue ? Is there a workaround ?

Thanks

Tronpo

Hello, Up  to the right of the segment text box you have the "+" sign if you click on it you get the boxes with text of the segment and the waypoint, and you can choose the one you are interested in.
As for priority, it's a matter of taste in my opinion.

cyril42e

Wow, I feel a bit stupid not to have tried it before. Thanks, that's a good workaround. I still think that it should select by default the closest item on the screen instead of giving a higher priority to the track, but at least I'm not blocked anymore!