Error when recording a track - Samsung s23 and Android 14

Started by RGBandin, Today at 01:23:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGBandin

I have been using OruxMaps for 10 years without problem, when changing from Samsung Galaxy S9 to S23 Ultra I decided to buy OruxMaps v.10.7.3 GP from the Play Store and I was very happy and working wonderfully, but with the update to Android 14 when recording a track apparently records the route correctly, BUT as I travel km on MTB it changes the lines in straight lines, and for example a route of hours when traveling a mountain changes the track to 3 straight lines forming a triangle and the records of data corresponds to that adjustment and not to reality

I already checked the configuration, permissions for Android and OruxMaps, changed to older versions of OruxMaps, etc., etc., I was already investigating and I have NOT been able to solve the problem

I would greatly appreciate your support, thank you

RGBandin

I thought it was directory permission issues on Galaxy S23 Ultra: Galaxy S23 Ultra\Internal Storage\Android\data\com.orux.oruxmapsDonate

But after reading in the forum, I recorded a one-way route setting the cell phone with a 10 minute screen timeout and it correctly recorded the track, but when doing the same return route but now configured with 30 seconds I opened another application and After 30 seconds the screen turned off, I recorded the track as a straight line

So the error must be between energy saving or applications running in the background?