Few questions (Auto start stop + APRS)

Started by Brandjuhnl, March 17, 2017, 02:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandjuhnl

Hello,

In my search to a self-hosted GPS tracker page, I did found Oruxmaps  (7.0.5), since its working with mapmytracks the self-hosted is a less important for now.

Sadly I have a few issues and things I do not know if its possible or not. I use this on my Samsung Galaxy S7 edge that is rooted.

I hope you can understand it because English is not my mother language (Dutch) and Spanish I have never learnt.  

**Sound and random start issues**

Edit 03-04-2017: Don't have this error anymore.

[size=50]I have noticed that the app randomly says that its 'starting the route' or something in that way, even when I don't have the app running. The S7E 'do not disturb' goed on at a specified time and I use LLama to exclude a few apps, that I want as backup when my firefighter pager is not working. The problem is that the app did auto start without my permission and that it was on maximum volume.

Lets say that I am used to the pager sound but this one did made me jump out of the bed. (Nice backup  ;))[/size]

**Auto start/stop**

What I didn't found but what I want is that when I am connected to my Bluetooth device in the car the app automatic starts a route log (so its save everything to GPX file, which I already tweaked in the settings) and when its disconnecting its saves the GPX, mails me the GPX and uploads it to MapMyTracks. Without confirmation or manual input.

I want this because I am working in the transport sector and I do not want track the places where I walk but only the driving part, and with this way I can also use it en-route to a incident so its logs that stuff but do not drains the battery when I cant turn the tracker off.

I hope you can help me, thanks in advance!

oruxbayer

Hi Brandjuhnl,

I am not an expert in Oruxmaps but I am well familiar with it.

The random start sounds strange. Never happened on my phone (Oneplus One) in the past. With no Orux-Version. Are you sure that Orux wasn´t "planed or not" activ in the background... it must be active if you are recording a track and use your smartphone otherways...

Auto start/stop:

I can imagine that this would be very usefull for you in the transport sector... But I haven´t seen this feature till now.

Sorry, I am not an expert but I want to give your Post here a new push.

Greetings, Franz

Brandjuhnl

Hello Franz,

Thanks for your answere really kind to reply so it will be bumper. It does not matter how skilled you are, you are replying.

I Am 100% sure that I had nothing planned and that the Samsung s7 edge  was on silence. But did not have the problem again.

Atm I Am starting the tracker by hand with a widget easy to forget so dont use it often. I really hope that the developer can make this.

Greetings Roel

Brandjuhnl

Also I can not sync with APRS is there a help file? Cant find it here or on the APRS site.

Brandjuhnl

Nobody can help me with any of this questions?

Translation by google:

** Arranque / parada automáticos **

Lo que no he encontrado, pero lo que quiero es que cuando estoy conectado a mi dispositivo Bluetooth en el coche de la aplicación automática comienza un registro de ruta (por lo que su todos guardan en el archivo GPX, que ya ajustado en la configuración) Desconectando su GPX guarda, me envía el GPX y lo carga a MapMyTracks. No hay confirmación o entrada manual.

Quiero esto porque estoy trabajando en el sector de transporte y no quiero seguir los lugares donde camino, sino sólo la parte de conducción, y con esta forma también puedo usarla en ruta a un incidente para que sus registros que cosas, Pero no No Drena la batería cuando no puedo desactivar el rastreador.

¡Esperanza usted puede ayudarme, gracias por adelantado!

dkxce

Quote from: "Brandjuhnl"Nobody can help me with any of this questions?

You can ask me questions about the APRS.

Brandjuhnl

Quote from: "dkxce"

I want get myself on the map but its not syncing.

dkxce

Quote from: "Brandjuhnl"
Quote from: "dkxce"

I want get myself on the map but its not syncing.

Did you set password? You should have callsign and password to post data to the server.

Brandjuhnl

I did fill in everything. But its not working.

Since its a long time ago I did try it can you provide me what IP I must fillin for aprs.fi and do I need the useraccount password or the API password?

Edit: Solved.

dkxce

You can specify APRS server of your country, or any rotating:

euro.aprs2.net, asia.aprs2.net, noam.aprs2.net, soam.aprs2.net

http://aprs.fi/">http://aprs.fi/ works with the main.

The full list is here http://status.aprs2.net/">//http://status.aprs2.net/

The standard port is 14580, so if you want to connect to any euro server you must fill in: euro.aprs2.net:14580

Also you need valid HAM Callsign & password, only if they are valid server will receive coordinates from you.