Polar Cadence / Polar Speed sensors Bluetooth Smart

Started by Machisi, March 30, 2015, 02:12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Machisi

Good morning,

first of all thank you for the great work you are doing on OM.

I'm an user of this app from more or less 3 years and I'm very satified about it.

In last release I have seen that there is a new menu item "Cadence/Spedd BT 4.0".

I think that by now it is only for devices like Garmin that have both function in only one sensor.

I recently have bought the new sensors from Polar (for V800 or V650) for cadence and speed (Bluetooth smart) but they are two separate sensors.

I have tried to use them, OM can recognize them when I search but when I select one of the two sensor nothing appens. (I start the selected sensor from the menu, it is recognized by OM, but no data is diplayed either in speed or cadence). I'm currently using a BT Polar smart heart monitor (H7 model) with OM and everything it's working ok.

So my question is: is it possible to use such sensors with OM?

In case of yes can someone give me few instruction about.

In case of no, have you planned to develop separate Bluetooth smart sensor for cadence and speed?

My mobile is a Samsung Gran Duos SM-G7012 with android 4.4.2

Thank you very much for you reply.

Regards

gabriele76

UP!

Please  ;)

gabriele76

UP!

Please  ;)

_PP_

Push ...

Tobias

I also would be happy to use a cadence sensor bluetooth smart.

In bluetooth smart with beta 7.11 I have no options  but wheel size, so no cadence supported?

They are quiete cheap and nowadays work with magnetic field  sensor,

and know their orientation on the basis of the earths magnetic field.

So no magnet i nthe spokes or crankarm is needed anymore.

http://www.gearbest.com/bike-computers/pp_607364.html?wid=21&utm_source=tt_de">Example Sensor

Useability would be better if it uploads to velohero (or whatever is used by your users),

so I can easily see a overview with cadence and perhaps different gear ratio.

Have a nice day

gsparrow

I have the same problem: oruxmaps recognizes cadence sensor bluetooth, but shows no data (always "0").

In the meantime, the IpBike with the beta IpSensorMan show the cadence value normally from this sensor.