Cannot import old tracks database

Started by joseph77, April 11, 2018, 10:46:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joseph77

Hello,

I have an old tracks database and I would like to extract the gps tracks from it.

I have tried to put it in the database folder but it did not work, I still see tracks of my actual database.

I am using OruxMaps Donate 7.2.5 with Android 7.0 but the database I am trying to import was generated with an older version of Orux (probably 6.x).

I have also tried to install OruxMaps 6 and import the database but still not working.

Thanks very much

Giuseppe

orux

Quote from: joseph77 post_id=13210 time=1523436382 user_id=5228
Hello,

I have an old tracks database and I would like to extract the gps tracks from it.

I have tried to put it in the database folder but it did not work, I still see tracks of my actual database.

I am using OruxMaps Donate 7.2.5 with Android 7.0 but the database I am trying to import was generated with an older version of Orux (probably 6.x).

I have also tried to install OruxMaps 6 and import the database but still not working.

Thanks very much

Giuseppe

Hello;

the app only manages one database (with name oruxmapstracks.db). If you want to see the tracks from and old database:

1.-force close oruxmaps.

2.-rename current database file with a new name.

3.-rename the old database as oruxmapstracks.db

4.-open oruxmaps, go to tracks list, export all the tracks as gpx or kmz.

then you can back to the initial database and import all the gpx/kmz.

orux

joseph77

Hello orux, thank you for your answer.

I have tried to do as you say, but unfortunately it did not work, I still see the tracks from my current database.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you very much

orux

Quote from: joseph77 post_id=13225 time=1523521062 user_id=5228
Hello orux, thank you for your answer.

I have tried to do as you say, but unfortunately it did not work, I still see the tracks from my current database.

Is there anything else I can try?

Thank you very much

Hello;

you are doing something wrong, if you see the same track list changing the database file.

where do you see the tracks? map viewer, route buttons-->'manage route/tracks?

orux

joseph77

Yes, that is what I am doing

orux

Quote from: joseph77 post_id=13244 time=1523615044 user_id=5228
Yes, that is what I am doing

Then if you use different oruxmapstracks.db files, it is not possible that you always see the same track list.

After you change the file, you have to go to the map viewer, then load again the track list.

If the database contains different tracks, you should see different list.

orux