Strange zoom behavior with vector maps

Started by Gervin, May 19, 2018, 06:27:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gervin

I have been using Oruxmaps now for a long time on my Huawei Ascend P7 without problems, the latest version was 7.2.14. Now I have installed the same version on my new Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) and have the following problem:

When I load a vector map and zoom in, the map is shown magnified, but Oruxmaps fails to show a more detailed view. When I load the map and zoom out, the map section is shown smaller, but the area around it remains blank.

To find out if the problem was related to the phone or the Android version (5 vs. 7), I have re-installed Oruxmaps on my old phone, which I had reset meanwhile. Surprisingly the old phone showed now the same problem.

To find out if the problem was related to the OruxMaps version, I have then installed the old version 6.5.10 on my old phone and it worked. Then I installed the new version on the old phone and it worked too.

Then I tried the old version on the new phone and it worked. After updating to the new version it worked on the new phone as well, but after playing around a bit I had the same problem again.

After that I re-installed V6.5.10 on my new phone again, and everything seemed fine until I scrolled the map so far that OruxMaps had to load another offline map. Since then the problem occurs also with the old version.

I also tried online vector maps (OSM mapnik) -> same problem.

So here are my conclusions:

1. The problem is not related to the Android version.

2. The problem occurs with both online and offline vector maps.

3. The problem is likely NOT limited to OruxMaps V7.2.14.

4. Possibly the problem is "triggered" by loading another map.

I know that the above may sound confusing, but if there is anything I can do for further diagnosis, please let me know.

Regards,

Gervin

orux

Quote from: Gervin post_id=13569 time=1526747240 user_id=5317
I have been using Oruxmaps now for a long time on my Huawei Ascend P7 without problems, the latest version was 7.2.14. Now I have installed the same version on my new Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) and have the following problem:

When I load a vector map and zoom in, the map is shown magnified, but Oruxmaps fails to show a more detailed view. When I load the map and zoom out, the map section is shown smaller, but the area around it remains blank.

To find out if the problem was related to the phone or the Android version (5 vs. 7), I have re-installed Oruxmaps on my old phone, which I had reset meanwhile. Surprisingly the old phone showed now the same problem.

To find out if the problem was related to the OruxMaps version, I have then installed the old version 6.5.10 on my old phone and it worked. Then I installed the new version on the old phone and it worked too.

Then I tried the old version on the new phone and it worked. After updating to the new version it worked on the new phone as well, but after playing around a bit I had the same problem again.

After that I re-installed V6.5.10 on my new phone again, and everything seemed fine until I scrolled the map so far that OruxMaps had to load another offline map. Since then the problem occurs also with the old version.

I also tried online vector maps (OSM mapnik) -> same problem.

So here are my conclusions:

1. The problem is not related to the Android version.

2. The problem occurs with both online and offline vector maps.

3. The problem is likely NOT limited to OruxMaps V7.2.14.

4. Possibly the problem is "triggered" by loading another map.

I know that the above may sound confusing, but if there is anything I can do for further diagnosis, please let me know.

Regards,

Gervin

Hello!

Could you share some screen captures?

orux

Gervin

Hi Orux,

please find some screenshots here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gnjv8i9fmndzktf/AAAGeh_3vOOOtqGCMhaHidHsa?dl=0">//https://www.dropbox.com/sh/gnjv8i9fmndzktf/AAAGeh_3vOOOtqGCMhaHidHsa?dl=0.

They all show the same area with different zoom levels.

If I can do anything for further diagnosis, please let me know.

Regards,

Gervin