Too far away from track

Started by yulomax, February 17, 2018, 02:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yulomax

Hello. I was following a handmade track with my gps when suddenly oruxmap started to say me that i was too far away from the track even if i was on it. What could be the problem?

More info:  the track is on the beach and i had internet on.

buizerd

I had the same problem.

When I am on a route sometimes I received the message "to far from route"

No idea what the problem is.

Buizerd

kerekjoe

set the check box off/on:

"global setting/text to speech/far from route alarm"

(if you want to use this warning mode, you can adjust the "route alarm" and "distance stop alarm")

buizerd

of course I know that.

The problem is that the message "Too far away from track" is sometimes also given when I am on the route.

estechco

I have just returned from a 4 day trip (to Holland), where I noticed this sufficiently often to have spotted what I think may be a "trend". I hope that this may be of interest/use to the developer(s)?

When these erroneous warnings were happening, it was almost always when my planned route took me in a loop or u-turn, close to an earlier part of my journey.

In short, I suspect that it is reporting being too far away from the earlier part of my route, without checking whether I am also bang on a later part of the same route. I hope I've explained that well enough to be understood? This was particularly apparent when peeling off a decent sized bridge and looping back under it again.

orux

Quote from: estechco post_id=13782 time=1530727016 user_id=3400
I have just returned from a 4 day trip (to Holland), where I noticed this sufficiently often to have spotted what I think may be a "trend". I hope that this may be of interest/use to the developer(s)?

When these erroneous warnings were happening, it was almost always when my planned route took me in a loop or u-turn, close to an earlier part of my journey.

In short, I suspect that it is reporting being too far away from the earlier part of my route, without checking whether I am also bang on a later part of the same route. I hope I've explained that well enough to be understood? This was particularly apparent when peeling off a decent sized bridge and looping back under it again.

Thanks; I will check. It is possible; sometimes is not easy to know the right path, depending on GPS signal, time,...

orux