Recover folder info lost in upgrade

Started by jmnorvell, May 14, 2018, 03:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmnorvell

On my Android phone, I just upgraded from the last version I had installed directly from the website download to the latest OruxMaps Donate on the Google Play store. I can see all my saved waypoints and tracks in either version, but in the new version I don't have any of my folder information. How can move this to the new version of the app?

orux

Quote from: jmnorvell post_id=13546 time=1526260093 user_id=5363
On my Android phone, I just upgraded from the last version I had installed directly from the website download to the latest OruxMaps Donate on the Google Play store. I can see all my saved waypoints and tracks in either version, but in the new version I don't have any of my folder information. How can move this to the new version of the app?

Hello!

Which folders are you talking about? The maps/tracks folders?

If you talk about the virtual folders (the one you create from the tracks/wpts list), they should appear when you load the track list in the new version.

orux

jmnorvell

Sorry, I missed your reply.  Yes, the virtual folders. I created a lot of them when I was using the non Google Play version 7.2.1. Now that updates are back in Google Play, I installed v. 7.2.14. I can see all the same waypoints and tracks in both versions, but I only see them in my virtual folders in the older version.

orux

Quote from: jmnorvell post_id=13734 time=1529989419 user_id=5363
Sorry, I missed your reply.  Yes, the virtual folders. I created a lot of them when I was using the non Google Play version 7.2.1. Now that updates are back in Google Play, I installed v. 7.2.14. I can see all the same waypoints and tracks in both versions, but I only see them in my virtual folders in the older version.

Hello!

The app should find your folders from the database.

If you restart the app (after a force close) all the virtual folders should be there. If you have problems, send me the tracks database,

orux

jmnorvell

How shall I send you the database file? I don't see an attachment option here or in private messages.

orux

Quote from: jmnorvell post_id=13776 time=1530665494 user_id=5363
How shall I send you the database file? I don't see an attachment option here or in private messages.

Sorry for this delay, my mail is in google play, oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

jmnorvell

I had never hit the "check and synchronize tracks" button in the updated app. All is well now.