Can't move online cache to SD Card

Started by jacksan, July 25, 2018, 10:44:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacksan

I've read previous topics and tried various things but cannot move the Online Map Cache to the SD Card.

OM 7.3.1

Android 8.0.0

I tried:
  • Global Settings, Application, Migrate to SD card. (See NOTE below)

[list type=]
  • Map Settings, Map Directory]
    • Map Settings, Map Directory: Changed it to Storage/3134-3530/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps

• Map Settings, Map Directory: Changed it to Storage/3134-3530/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/files

• Tried manually copying the OruxMapsCacheImages db and journal files the above folders, erasing the originals

• I uninstalled, deleted the OM folders on the internal storage and the SD Card, then reinstalled OM.

Nothing worked.

OM is still using the default Internal Storage/oruxmaps/mapfiles folder.

NOTE: When I used the "Migrate to SD card" option:

I got "the app can not write to the selected SD, you must authorize..." message.

I click AUTHORIZE and a folder listing comes up, showing the root of the SD Card. I click SELECT.

It says Migration is OK.

I restart OM.

Map Settings, Map Directory is now pointing to the SD Card mapfiles_OM folder. This "appears" to be correct.

BUT... OM is still using the Mapfiles folder in the Internal Storage.

Thoughts?

• orux

Quote from: jacksan post_id=13904 time=1532551465 user_id=7607
    I've read previous topics and tried various things but cannot move the Online Map Cache to the SD Card.

OM 7.3.1

Android 8.0.0

I tried:
    • Global Settings, Application, Migrate to SD card. (See NOTE below)

[list type=]
  • Map Settings, Map Directory]
    • Map Settings, Map Directory: Changed it to Storage/3134-3530/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps

• Map Settings, Map Directory: Changed it to Storage/3134-3530/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/files

• Tried manually copying the OruxMapsCacheImages db and journal files the above folders, erasing the originals

• I uninstalled, deleted the OM folders on the internal storage and the SD Card, then reinstalled OM.

Nothing worked.

OM is still using the default Internal Storage/oruxmaps/mapfiles folder.

NOTE: When I used the "Migrate to SD card" option:

I got "the app can not write to the selected SD, you must authorize..." message.

I click AUTHORIZE and a folder listing comes up, showing the root of the SD Card. I click SELECT.

It says Migration is OK.

I restart OM.

Map Settings, Map Directory is now pointing to the SD Card mapfiles_OM folder. This "appears" to be correct.

BUT... OM is still using the Mapfiles folder in the Internal Storage.

Thoughts?

• Sorry,

The online cache database cannot be moved, because Android doesn't give apps permission for accessing SQLite databases located in external sd cards.

orux