Influence of Oruxmaps GPS preferences on other apps?

Started by Rolfi56, July 26, 2018, 10:14:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolfi56

Hi,

GPS on my smartphone Samsung A3 Android 6.01 is very slow compared to an older smartphone with Android 5.0.1 (and of course to newer smartphones) . Starting the app "GPS Status" on both smartphones at the same time my A3 needs 4-5 times longer then the old one to find a position.

Since I often use Oruxmaps in slow GPS motion to save energy on my A3 my question is:

Is there a change to the inside GPS engine by Oruxmaps which can influence other apps even when Oruxmaps is closed again?

Where can I adjust the GPS engine?

If not, what can be the reason for my slow working GPS (energy saving mode is not activated)?

Thanks for every hint.

Best regards

orux

Quote from: Rolfi56 post_id=13906 time=1532592888 user_id=7796
Hi,

GPS on my smartphone Samsung A3 Android 6.01 is very slow compared to an older smartphone with Android 5.0.1 (and of course to newer smartphones) . Starting the app "GPS Status" on both smartphones at the same time my A3 needs 4-5 times longer then the old one to find a position.

Since I often use Oruxmaps in slow GPS motion to save energy on my A3 my question is:

Is there a change to the inside GPS engine by Oruxmaps which can influence other apps even when Oruxmaps is closed again?

Where can I adjust the GPS engine?

If not, what can be the reason for my slow working GPS (energy saving mode is not activated)?

Thanks for every hint.

Best regards

Hello!

OruxMaps (neither another app) cannot change global GPS behavior.

Android manages the GPS, and gives locations based on each app requests.

Check that you allow network-based locations. This helps the GPS with the AGPS feature.

orux

orux