x,y coordinates oruxmapsdesktop coordenadas x, y OruxMapsDe

Started by bcscott, December 27, 2013, 05:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcscott

I am trying to use OruxMapsDesktop to make an Orux topo map from a jpg image downloaded from the USGS TNM 2.0 viewer.  The jpg is for a USGS 7.5-minute quad.  The Datum is WGS84, and the projection is UTM zone 10.  I am confused about how to enter the x, y data in OruxMapsDesktop.  Where is the 0,0 point supposed to be?  Are the x, y coordinates arbitrary points or do they have to define a rectangular area?  Are they corners of the map, corners of the entire jpg image or what? Are the distance values determined from the easting and northing coordinates or is some other method used?  Are 4 points necessary, or just one corner and the diagonal corner?  It seems like I have tried all of above, but have been unable to produce a map with the correct calibration. Please help.

Estoy tratando de usar OruxMapsDesktop hacer un mapa topográfico Orux desde una imagen jpg descargado del 2,0 espectador USGS TNM. El jpg es un USGS 7,5 minutos en quad. El Datum es WGS84, y la proyección es la zona UTM 10. Estoy confundido acerca de cómo introducir los datos de X, Y en la OruxMapsDesktop. ¿Dónde se supone que el punto 0.0 que es  Son las coordenadas x, y puntos arbitrarios o tienen que definir un área rectangular  ¿Son los rincones del mapa, rincones de toda la imagen jpg o qué  ¿Los valores de distancia determinan a partir de las coordenadas Este y Norte, o se utiliza algún otro método  Son 4 puntos es necesario, o simplemente una esquina y la esquina diagonal  Parece que he intentado todo lo anterior, pero han sido incapaces de producir un mapa con la calibración correcta. Por favor, ayuda.

orux

Quote from: "bcscott"I am trying to use OruxMapsDesktop to make an Orux topo map from a jpg image downloaded from the USGS TNM 2.0 viewer.  The jpg is for a USGS 7.5-minute quad.  The Datum is WGS84, and the projection is UTM zone 10.  I am confused about how to enter the x, y data in OruxMapsDesktop.  Where is the 0,0 point supposed to be?  Are the x, y coordinates arbitrary points or do they have to define a rectangular area?  Are they corners of the map, corners of the entire jpg image or what? Are the distance values determined from the easting and northing coordinates or is some other method used?  Are 4 points necessary, or just one corner and the diagonal corner?  It seems like I have tried all of above, but have been unable to produce a map with the correct calibration. Please help.

Estoy tratando de usar OruxMapsDesktop hacer un mapa topográfico Orux desde una imagen jpg descargado del 2,0 espectador USGS TNM. El jpg es un USGS 7,5 minutos en quad. El Datum es WGS84, y la proyección es la zona UTM 10. Estoy confundido acerca de cómo introducir los datos de X, Y en la OruxMapsDesktop. ¿Dónde se supone que el punto 0.0 que es  Son las coordenadas x, y puntos arbitrarios o tienen que definir un área rectangular  ¿Son los rincones del mapa, rincones de toda la imagen jpg o qué  ¿Los valores de distancia determinan a partir de las coordenadas Este y Norte, o se utiliza algún otro método  Son 4 puntos es necesario, o simplemente una esquina y la esquina diagonal  Parece que he intentado todo lo anterior, pero han sido incapaces de producir un mapa con la calibración correcta. Por favor, ayuda.

Hi,

x,y are the coordinates of the map points, using the top-left pixel as 0,0 point.

Image software, like gimp gives you the pixel coordinates using that reference system.

You can use 2, 3 or 4 points, but you will have better results using 4 points.

If you have problems, email me with the image, and a screenshot of oruxmapsdesktop before click the 'calibrate' button.

orux

bcscott

Yes, thank you. I finally figured that out. However, if the jpg image has borders, then the upper left corner of the map image will not be at 0,0 pixels. I have had success just entering the pixel coordinates at the corners of the map image which is some distance in from the outer edge of the  .jpg image.

Sí, gracias. Finalmente me di cuenta de eso. Sin embargo, si la imagen jpg tiene fronteras, y luego la esquina superior izquierda de la imagen del mapa no estará en 0,0 píxeles. He tenido éxito simplemente introduciendo las coordenadas de píxeles en las esquinas de la imagen del mapa que está a cierta distancia desde el borde exterior de la imagen jpg..

orux

Quote from: "bcscott"Yes, thank you. I finally figured that out. However, if the jpg image has borders, then the upper left corner of the map image will not be at 0,0 pixels. I have had success just entering the pixel coordinates at the corners of the map image which is some distance in from the outer edge of the  .jpg image.

Sí, gracias. Finalmente me di cuenta de eso. Sin embargo, si la imagen jpg tiene fronteras, y luego la esquina superior izquierda de la imagen del mapa no estará en 0,0 píxeles. He tenido éxito simplemente introduciendo las coordenadas de píxeles en las esquinas de la imagen del mapa que está a cierta distancia desde el borde exterior de la imagen jpg..

Ok,

recuerda que puedes introducir 4 coordenadas diferentes de las esquinas, no hay porqué introducir las coordenadas del punto (0,0). Pero el eje de coordenadas pasa por el punto (0,0), que es la esquina superior-izquierda.

orux