Can I load more than one track?

Started by Legend, December 28, 2013, 07:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Legend

First of all congratulations for this fabulus application!

I would like to ask, if possible, how can I load more than one track?

When I load a second track, the first loaded is lost from the map.

The only way to load more than one track is to merge them and then load, but both of them have the same red color and I cannot tell which track is which :-)

I also tried to import a kml file that has segments (separated lines) with different colors but they are all projected with the same color, red.

It would be usefull to be able to load multiple tracks or one kml with multiple colored tracks, with different colors on the map.

This is usefull during offroading in order to have the main track and also an alternative track or some segments for checking. In that case three colors are needed.

Thanks in advance

orux

Quote from: "Legend"First of all congratulations for this fabulus application!

The only way to load more than one track is to merge them and then load, but both of them have the same red color and I cannot tell which track is which :-)

I also tried to import a kml file that has segments (separated lines) with different colors but they are all projected with the same color, red.

It would be usefull to be able to load multiple tracks or one kml with multiple colored tracks, with different colors on the map.

This is usefull during offroading in order to have the main track and also an alternative track or some segments for checking. In that case three colors are needed.

Thanks in advance

Another option:

Maps button, load kml overlay.

orux

Legend

Thank you!

I tried loading Kml overlay and that is exactly what I wanted.

Many kml files with all their colors.

Better than loading as route (many blue points) or track (only one colour). :D

radioman57

Quote from: "Legend"

Please check: Are your loaded overlays still there after closing and restarting Oruxmaps? I have to reload my KMZ overlays all the time. Did post in the errors subforum, but no reply. Guess I'm the only one having this issue.

Legend

Happy new year!

Quote from: "radioman57"

Please check: Are your loaded overlays still there after closing and restarting Oruxmaps? I have to reload my KMZ overlays all the time. Did post in the errors subforum, but no reply. Guess I'm the only one having this issue.

Yes it is still there after restart.

You have to select "keep kml overlays" in map options in order to do this.

Quote from: "orux"
Quote from: "Legend"First of all congratulations for this fabulus application!

Thanks in advance

Another option:

Maps button, load kml overlay.

orux

I noticed that not all colours are displayed on the map.

Some of them are still displayed with one or two colours (blue and red) despite the fact that the kml file loaded has more different colours (pink and cyan).

Different  types of track sections are displayed with the same colour and this is a littlebit confusah :-)

Is there a limitation or something with the syntax of the kml file?

Thanks in advance.

radioman57

Quote from: "Legend" Yes it is still there after restart. You have to select "keep kml overlays" in map options in order to do this.
Thanks! This option was selected all the time. Will try to run a series of trials using different KML/KMZ overlays to find out what makes them go away when closing the app.

Legend

Quote from: "Legend" Yes it is still there after restart. You have to select "keep kml overlays" in map options in order to do this.
Thanks! This option was selected all the time. Will try to run a series of trials using different KML/KMZ overlays to find out what makes them go away when closing the app.

Sorry, I tried again and the kml overlay wasn't there after restart.

I think that a few days ago that I tried the same and the kml was there after the restart.

radioman57

Quote from: "Legend"Sorry, I tried again and the kml overlay wasn't there after restart. I think that a few days ago that I tried the same and the kml was there after the restart.
Same here! Estimated success rate (previously loaded overlay is kept after restart) is far below 50%.

orux

Quote from: "Legend"Sorry, I tried again and the kml overlay wasn't there after restart. I think that a few days ago that I tried the same and the kml was there after the restart.
Same here! Estimated success rate (previously loaded overlay is kept after restart) is far below 50%.

Hi,

It should work with latest versions. Which versions are you using?

orux

radioman57

Quote from: "orux"It should work with latest versions. Which versions are you using?
Using version 5.5.14. Here is what I observed on my Galaxy S3:

- overlay is kept when app is closed and restarted immediately

- overlay is often lost when app is closed and restarted but phone is in standby (display off) in between

- overlay is always lost when doing "clear memory" in RAM manager

Markus

Legend

Hi,

orux

I'm also use 5.5.14

Please also have a look with the different colours issue I mentioned above (many colours in a kml file).

Thanks in advance.

orux

Hi,

orux

I'm also use 5.5.14

Please also have a look with the different colours issue I mentioned above (many colours in a kml file).

Thanks in advance.

I can not reproduce this problem.

Please, try with last beta--> http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=542">http://www.oruxmaps.com/foro/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=542

Please, send me a kml with color issues

--> oruxuro@gmail.com

orux

Legend

I just sent you an email with a kml file attached.

I will also try the beta version and will  let you know.

Legend

I tried OruxMaps5.5.15beta12 with no luck.

Unfortunately we have the same with the colours and the overlay lost sometimes after restart.

Legend

You did excellent job with the KML overlay colours!

I tried OruxMaps5.5.15beta13 and the colours are displayed perfect!

I'm looking forward for the next "stable" version.

Thank you!