Multi-Map Navigation, No map screen areas

Started by Mitch3150, January 03, 2014, 09:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mitch3150

Hi all,

I'm new on this forum and for my first post, would congratulate for the good job done. I've just installed OruxMaps, and converted my French Maps in an easy way with the batch OruxMapDesktop App.

But now, testing, I discover the problem of the nomaps areas on the screen.

I saw the previous topic on the old forum, but I think it's the first of the "new features" you'll have to manage in 2014. It's so frustrating when your track is on a map border.

I suppose the most difficult part is viewing/managing multiple maps on screen, or managing a virtual map border...

Courage, I'm sure you've solved more difficult problems to achieve your well done app ;-)

Mitch.

France

Mitch3150

Hi,

After some time practising, my point of view as changed a little bit:

First I worked with a full French IGN map set, downloaded on bittorent. It's obsolete (2004), but quickly converted to OruxMaps. Of course, I got problem with the single map navigation, and these blank no map areas.

Few days ago I discovered Mobile Atlas Creator (MOBAC), with the possibility of viewing French IGN 1/25000 maps. It was so easy and fast to extract a large area (Alf North East Pyrenees). The result is, only one map of two layers 1/25000 and 1/50000 for only 180Mo.

So, considering that soon we'll all get a double 64Go microSD in our phones, we'll no more have to work with multi small filed maps.

So now, you'll have more time to improve the wms management  ;)

Mitch.