kmz overlay don't work

Started by Harmoniker, February 02, 2014, 01:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harmoniker

Hi,

I have created an overlay with google earth:

http://www.google.com/earth/outreach/tutorials/earthoverlays.html#imageoverlay">http://www.google.com/earth/outreach/tu ... ageoverlay">http://www.google.com/earth/outreach/tutorials/earthoverlays.html#imageoverlay

and exported as an kmz file. And now I am try to load this overlay to oruxmaps.

It don't work. Are there any restrictions to the overlay functions of oruxmaps?

With my Garmin GPS device I can load this kmz overlay without problems...

Thanks!

Harmoniker

OK. Nobody can help me.

Is there an overlay section in the OruxMaps manual? I can't find something like this...

I need informations about the functionality and the restrictions of the overlay functions of OruxMaps.

Thanks!

PS: Is this the official support forum?

orux

Quote from: "Harmoniker"OK. Nobody can help me.

Is there an overlay section in the OruxMaps manual? I can't find something like this...

I need informations about the functionality and the restrictions of the overlay functions of OruxMaps.

Thanks!

Hi,

sorry for the delay.

only some kml features are supported, all related to geometries: points, line strings and polygons.

image overlays are not supported.

orux

kjac3585

Quote from: "orux"

Thanks!

Hi,

sorry for the delay.

only some kml features are supported, all related to geometries: points, line strings and polygons.

orux

I've got the same problem as the original poster.  I have a 1.7mb kmz file with no image overlays, only polyline, points, and

joined data (information joined to the polylines in ArcGIS for descriptions).  It loads fine in google earth, but it will not load into Oruxmaps.  Are there any other limitations to the KML/KMZ function for this app other than what you mentioned?  I cannot figure out why it will not load.

orux

Quote from: "kjac3585"
Quote from: "orux"

Thanks!

Hi,

sorry for the delay.

orux

I've got the same problem as the original poster.  I have a 1.7mb kmz file with no image overlays, only polyline, points, and

joined data (information joined to the polylines in ArcGIS for descriptions).  It loads fine in google earth, but it will not load into Oruxmaps.  Are there any other limitations to the KML/KMZ function for this app other than what you mentioned?  I cannot figure out why it will not load.

Hello;

the size of the file is a limitation.

a 1.7mb kmz should be a 12-15 mb kml file (a kmz is a compressed kml).

the limitation is the device itself; it is hard to parse large xml files.

the solution is to split the content in different files.

orux

kjac3585

Thank you for the reply.

I don't believe it is a limitation of my device, because google earth and locus maps for android are both able to load even 3mb KMZ files.  It would appear that it's more a limitation of the app itself.

orux

Quote from: "kjac3585"Thank you for the reply.

I don't believe it is a limitation of my device, because google earth and locus maps for android are both able to load even 3mb KMZ files.  It would appear that it's more a limitation of the app itself.

Send me the file, I will try-->oruxuro@gmail.com

orux