No GPS alarm

Started by goosiebn, February 22, 2014, 08:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goosiebn

Could the no GPS alarm be extended, optionally, to alarm when the GPS accuracy doesn't meet the accuracy specified for recording.

goosiebn

This isn't the problem I first thought.

It looks instead that I'm having problems getting the next auto generated segment to start.

If the current segment is stopped due to being stationery for the timeout period specified, the next track segment doesn't start recording until I travel over some hard coded speed, whereas I was expecting it to start when I moved far enough from the last recorded point by the 5m I had specified in the gps settings.

orux

Quote from: "goosiebn"This isn't the problem I first thought.

It looks instead that I'm having problems getting the next auto generated segment to start.

If the current segment is stopped due to being stationery for the timeout period specified, the next track segment doesn't start recording until I travel over some hard coded speed, whereas I was expecting it to start when I moved far enough from the last recorded point by the 5m I had specified in the gps settings.

Hi,

The problem is that in many cases, the positioning error is greater than 5 meters, so that did not work well. The best I found was setting a minimum speed.

orux