Show Partner and 3D Mode

Started by caillerat, February 25, 2014, 10:53:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caillerat

I don't understand how works the function "show virtual partner"?

I try to test this function by creating a route (.gpx), then I activate "follow road" and I use the parameter "delay in route" but the application shows me the time spent since the departure and I have no partner visible on the map during the track.

I think that the function "show partner" must show the position of the creator in follow route mode but how to configure it for a optimal functioning ? It is use the avg speed in the parameters menu ?

In few words, thanks

A supplementary question: when I use the mode 3D map  during a track, the map is static. The map does not move with me (like mode 2D map) ? It is normal ?

THANKS

orux

Quote from: "caillerat"I don't understand how works the function "show virtual partner"?

I try to test this function by creating a route (.gpx), then I activate "follow road" and I use the parameter "delay in route" but the application shows me the time spent since the departure and I have no partner visible on the map during the track.

I think that the function "show partner" must show the position of the creator in follow route mode but how to configure it for a optimal functioning ? It is use the avg speed in the parameters menu ?

In few words, thanks

A supplementary question: when I use the mode 3D map  during a track, the map is static. The map does not move with me (like mode 2D map) ? It is normal ?

THANKS

Hi,

the route to follow must have timestamp tags in each track point, in order to compare your elapsed time with the route creator times. Does the route include time tags?

About 3D view, yes it is a static view, it is not intended to do route follow.

orux

caillerat

Thanks for your answer about 3D Mode, it's clear but maybe a future upgrade if it's possible naturally...

Concerning the "show partner mode", I don't know if my route created includes some timestamp but the only thing that I'm sure is that I create my route using gpsies and I save the file by using the choice "route gpx" and then I transfer the route .gpx created in the folder "tracklogs" in oruxmaps.

Is this process is good to create a route ? Maybe, it exists a more effective way to create a route.gpx, I don't know...

thanks