KMZ Overlay problem; adds 100+ copies of overlay to screen !

Started by wudwork, March 03, 2014, 02:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wudwork

I have v 5.5.16b

I have a bunch of .KMZ files in overlay folder on my SD card. For a long time, I was able to add these to my map. All of these files are approx. 60k or less.  I don't know when it started, but now when I open any of these, it goes into a "Processing" message for a few seconds then displays my KMZ but it looks like a 100+ copies are added on my screen (I used to only get 1 overlay, which is what I want). Basically a mess.  Any explanation ?  The KMZ overlay function is no longer usable because of this.

I took screenshot but don't know how to attach to this posting.

Please advise, thanx, Tom

orux

Quote from: "wudwork"I have v 5.5.16b

I have a bunch of .KMZ files in overlay folder on my SD card. For a long time, I was able to add these to my map. All of these files are approx. 60k or less.  I don't know when it started, but now when I open any of these, it goes into a "Processing" message for a few seconds then displays my KMZ but it looks like a 100+ copies are added on my screen (I used to only get 1 overlay, which is what I want). Basically a mess.  Any explanation ?  The KMZ overlay function is no longer usable because of this.

I took screenshot but don't know how to attach to this posting.

Please advise, thanx, Tom

I need a kmz to test, please, PM.

orux

wudwork

I found part of problem. What appears as multiple copies of the overlay is in fact the datetime stamp for each breadcrumb. There are so many that it really fills up the screen and makes the overlay useless.  I did find a setting where I turned off the datetime stamp and that cleaned up overlay a lot. I still find the size of each breadcrumb is too large for my practical use. It was never like this before; namely the breadcrumbs were very small arrows that did not cover up the lines on the underlying map.

Is there a setting for size of breadcrumb icon ?

Thanx, Tom