Multitracking seems to work but shows nothing on map

Started by wolfgang61, March 28, 2014, 09:58:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfgang61

Hi,

I am a new user with 5.5.18.

Multitracking should be setup correctly. After enabling it on two mobiles, one of them made an alarm sound because the other one was seen to be nearby – that is why I believe it should work.

But on both mobiles, the other's position never shows on the map.

I defined two accounts, defined sending and receiving to/from each other, synchronized both with the server, started tracking on both and activated multitracking on both.

Is there some other option that might disable the display of the position?

Wolfgang

orux

Quote from: "wolfgang61"Hi,

I am a new user with 5.5.18.

Multitracking should be setup correctly. After enabling it on two mobiles, one of them made an alarm sound because the other one was seen to be nearby – that is why I believe it should work.

But on both mobiles, the other's position never shows on the map.

I defined two accounts, defined sending and receiving to/from each other, synchronized both with the server, started tracking on both and activated multitracking on both.

Is there some other option that might disable the display of the position?

Wolfgang

No,

Both devices must have data connection, and be receiving gps data

right?

orux

wolfgang61

Quote from: "orux"
Both devices must have data connection, and be receiving gps data

orux

they both had data connection (I tried with and without WLAN, both connections work),

and GPS was available.

Could you see something in your server logs if I mail you the names?

Papi68

Hi,

I have  the same problem. I have two accounts and two mobiles. Each mobile can see only it's own account location, even though I have followed all instruction I can find.

I gladly donate if multitracking is working properly.

wolfgang61

Quote from: "Papi68"Hi,

I have  the same problem. I have two accounts and two mobiles. Each mobile can see only it's own account location, even though I have followed all instruction I can find.

I gladly donate if multitracking is working properly.

In my case, Jose checked his logs and saw that there was a mismatch for mail addresses. One char was Uppercase in his database while I passed it with lowercase. Since the script is case sensitive, this meant a mismatch. I suggested making this case insensitive since that is standard for mail addresses, his answer was "You are right; I will try, but the scripts are not mine.".