Elevation profile in tracking mode

Started by HansCastorp, April 07, 2014, 09:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HansCastorp

Hi,

thank for this great piece of software, which I mainly use to follow routes while speed biking. Hereby, I figured out that maybe two features are missing:

(1) I would be great, if the elevation profile of a loaded gpx-route is displayed at the bottom / top of the map and the current position is shown in this profile.

(2) Displaying the altitude by coloring the loaded gpx-route.

Attached is a picture that illustrates the described features:

Regards,

Hans

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12753036/OruxMaps%20-%20Features.jpg">

xinix

+1 for the request to show elevation profile and your current position in it.

Dimas

+1 !!

Hace tiempo que pienso que serĂ­a genial esta posibilidad !!

theblackraven

+1 that would be great for hikers.

HansCastorp

I just want to ask if this feature is under consideration? I am aware of the option to show the elavation profile in track computer mode TC-2, but then you have to do without a map or dashboard.

bobatsar

I had also already thougth that it would be cool to see where the current position is on the elevation profile when following a track.

Perhaps in a first step it would be cool to see the current position in the route statistic altitude graph.

HansCastorp

Quote from: "bobatsar"I had also already thougth that it would be cool to see where the current position is on the elevation profile when following a track.

Perhaps in a first step it would be cool to see the current position in the route statistic altitude graph.

Your second suggestion is already implemented. After loading a route, open "radar" (in tools menu) and enable the trip computer TC-2. If you pick up a GPS-signal, you will find a green point indicating your position in the altitude graph.

bobatsar

Quote from: "HansCastorp"
Your second suggestion is already implemented. After loading a route, open "radar" (in tools menu) and enable the trip computer TC-2. If you pick up a GPS-signal, you will find a green point indicating your position in the altitude graph.

Oh thanks for the hint. Didn't know about this.