Alarm WP and TTS

Started by caillerat, April 30, 2014, 02:12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caillerat

Hello,

I use oruxmaps since a few months and I never managed to use alarms at the approach of the waypoints. I have no problem with the  alarm distance road (it functions perfectly), but for the alarm waypoints, nothing...

I create some WP on a map and I use the mode "follow WP + alarm WP" and I select create new road and I recorded the track....... it does not occur anything. However I notched all the options related to the waypoints...

I read the manual/help.pdf, I consult the subjects in this forum but I don't understand. It is despairing...

Ah yes, it's similar for the TTS, judicious text messages to tell me 10km or 1:00... nothing there either.

Someone can help me  :?:

Thank you to take the time to read me

orux

Quote from: "caillerat"Hello,

I use oruxmaps since a few months and I never managed to use alarms at the approach of the waypoints. I have no problem with the  alarm distance road (it functions perfectly), but for the alarm waypoints, nothing...

I create some WP on a map and I use the mode "follow WP + alarm WP" and I select create new road and I recorded the track....... it does not occur anything. However I notched all the options related to the waypoints...

I read the manual/help.pdf, I consult the subjects in this forum but I don't understand. It is despairing...

Ah yes, it's similar for the TTS, judicious text messages to tell me 10km or 1:00... nothing there either.

Someone can help me  :?:

Thank you to take the time to read me

Hi,

paste here your settings--TTS/sounds; waypoints section,

orux

caillerat

Hi,

Here we go :)

All parameters linked to the menu waypoints are matched (near wpt alarm, wpt voice msg, TTS wpt name, alarm customized, alarm near wpt, enable voice message with speed, distance...)

I have a track in my database, but don't contain Wpts, only the route. I'm interested in adding Wpts. Incidentally, for example in critical junctions, not mislead.

Then I edit the Track and  add the Wpts.

From the map viewer, button 'Tracks-manage'. Opens Tracks list we have in my database then I choose the 'Continue the Track'. The track is loaded into the map viewer. We look at the route and I create Wpts (Wpts.-Create button) which interests me.

Then selected options:

-- Navigation Wpt. (I want OM to take us Wpt. at Wpt.)

-- Alarm Wpt. (I want OM notify us to reach every Wpt.)

-- Start new Track  

What's wrong with me ? I don't know...

orux

Quote from: "caillerat"Hi,

Here we go :)

All parameters linked to the menu waypoints are matched (near wpt alarm, wpt voice msg, TTS wpt name, alarm customized, alarm near wpt, enable voice message with speed, distance...)

I have a track in my database, but don't contain Wpts, only the route. I'm interested in adding Wpts. Incidentally, for example in critical junctions, not mislead.

Then I edit the Track and  add the Wpts.

From the map viewer, button 'Tracks-manage'. Opens Tracks list we have in my database then I choose the 'Continue the Track'. The track is loaded into the map viewer. We look at the route and I create Wpts (Wpts.-Create button) which interests me.

Then selected options:

-- Navigation Wpt. (I want OM to take us Wpt. at Wpt.)

-- Alarm Wpt. (I want OM notify us to reach every Wpt.)

-- Start new Track  

What's wrong with me ? I don't know...

Hi,

after editing the route (adding wpts) you have to reload the route, but not with 'continue the track'  option; you have to select 'Load as route'.

the wpt alarm works with the wpts of the route loaded, not with current track wpts (the wpts you are creating).

orux

caillerat

Hi

During my holidays  :P , I tested your recommandation following this procedure:

I create a track on my computer then I load it into the map viewer (on oruxmaps), then I create some wpts (on oruxmaps and directly on the mapviewer).

After editing the route with the adding wpts, I reload the route with the option "load as route".

The route + wpts are correctly loaded on the mapviewer. It's ok, well, very well. At this time, I can check that the alarm route and alarm wpts are active.

I record the track.

The alarm route works normally with a message and ring but the alarm wpts doesn't works: no indication, no ring when I approach near a wpts. I just can see the wpts on the mapviewer..

So Doctor ?

hpa_lueneburg

My Way ist this. You have to use Garmin's Basecamp. Create a New List. Create some waypoints for your next Tour, the best place for the waypoints is the next direction change. Then you have create a route with the waypoints. Convert the route to a track. Delete the route. Export the List (File-Export) . Now you have a created a Multifile (Filename.gpx)with the Track and all Waypoint on Your Computer. Move the File in the directory Oruxmapstracklogs.

Start Oruxmaps. Load the Route. Select Follow. Select WP Alarm. If the first waypoint of your tour is near by, Oruxmaps will read the name of this waypoint. If you are following the track Oruxmaps will read the next waypoint. If you are diligent you can write before teh name of the street to every Waypoint left, right or straight ahead or something else.