Storage on ext. sd-card under KITKAT

Started by Joska, May 18, 2014, 01:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joska

Hello

After changing my phone, I'd need to recognize, that KITKAT prohibits storage on sd-card, i.e. large maps. One solution is the storage into a path, given by KITKAT i.e. file://storage/sdcard1/Android/data/name_of_the_apk/

Will oruxmaps use this path for storage in the future?

Dears, Joska

orux

Quote from: "Joska"Hello

After changing my phone, I'd need to recognize, that KITKAT prohibits storage on sd-card, i.e. large maps. One solution is the storage into a path, given by KITKAT i.e. file://storage/sdcard1/Android/data/name_of_the_apk/

Dears, Joska

Hi,

Crazy android;

have you tried to reach that folder using built-in file manager--> configuration--maps--maps directory?

orux

Joska

Hallo oruxmaps

While using the built-in fileexplorer IT is possible to store into such folder. My intention to ask is, if. Oruxmaps will store his maps on sdcard in future in the explained folderstructure?

Joska

Joska

Addition:

mnt/extSdCard/Android/data/<packagename>

is the default-path, Kitkat expects for Apks, to store on SD-card.

Will Oruxmaps support this?

Joska

Alvar

Soy nuevo en el Foro.

Saludos a todos.

Estoy usando Xperia Z1 Android 4.4.2

No puedo "Crear" un mapa directamente en la targeta SD externa.

Pero si que puedo Crear el mapa en la memoria interna en "orusmaps/mapfiles" y luego trasladarlos manualmente a la carpeta que yo quiera de la memoria externa SD.

Naturalmente diciendo la situación de los mapas en "Configurar Mapas".

¿Hasta aquí todo correcto, pero porque no los puedo crear directamente en la memoria externa SD?

pnoman

Quote from: "Joska"
... storage into a path, given by KITKAT ...

I'm having this problem as well -- I would need to be able to store maps (at least) on the external SD card on my phone.

OruxMaps probably needs to be able to work with the directory /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/files or some such; and have it owned by the oruxmaps user as pr. normal.

Are there plans to have this implemented?

orux

Quote from: "pnoman"
Quote from: "Joska"
... storage into a path, given by KITKAT ...

I'm having this problem as well -- I would need to be able to store maps (at least) on the external SD card on my phone.

OruxMaps probably needs to be able to work with the directory /storage/extSdCard/Android/data/com.orux.oruxmaps/files or some such; and have it owned by the oruxmaps user as pr. normal.

Are there plans to have this implemented?

Hi,

You can use that folder with the last beta versions.

orux