How to leave GPS active permanently?

Started by borish, June 02, 2014, 04:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

borish

Locus has an option to leave the GPS active if the screen is switched off. Does Oruxmaps have a similar option? This is useful when walking around somewhere, so I always know where I am.

As a work-around, I record a track, which however results in unneeded entries in the track database.

Also, the time interval between two GPS measurements is set to 0 s. Why this? Doesn't this consume a lot of battery power?

orux

Quote from: "borish"Locus has an option to leave the GPS active if the screen is switched off. Does Oruxmaps have a similar option? This is useful when walking around somewhere, so I always know where I am.

As a work-around, I record a track, which however results in unneeded entries in the track database.

Also, the time interval between two GPS measurements is set to 0 s. Why this? Doesn't this consume a lot of battery power?

Hi,

OruxMaps leaves the GPS active if you are recording a track, following a route (with or without recording a track) or navigating by wpts.

In the beginning, the default GPS setting was 4 seconds, which saved a lot of battery. But now, with so bad GPS,s that incorporate the new phones, it is set to zero. But you can change it.

orux